Jim

That's what we are here for. I was wondering how long before Christine posted with her usual upbeat message. Bear in mind that you would have to be Methuselah for your kids to be like me wink I always end up cheering myself up and escaping the funk by focusing on how things could be much worse.
Here's a thought for you Remember that popular legend that the Eskimos put their old people on ice floes and set them adrift?. According to the Straight Dope web site, it's not been common since the beginning of the 20th century but in the past, here's the details
[quote]On the other hand, when food did run short, the old and sick were looked upon as drains on the community's resources. Sometimes they were killed - thrown into the sea, buried alive, locked out in the cold, or starved to death. Far more commonly they were simply abandoned to die. The victim might be taken out in the wilderness and left there, or the whole village might pick up and move away while the old person slept. If the villagers were unexpectedly restored to prosperity, they might go back to rescue those left behind. An abandoned person would also be welcomed back as a full member of the community if he could manage to make his way back to the village on his own. But usually he couldn't. [/quote]

Charm

Last edited by Charm2017; 10-11-2010 06:30 AM. Reason: typos

65 yr Old Frack
Stage IV BOT T3N2M0 HPV 16+
2007:72GY IMRT(40) 8 ERBITUX No PEG
2008:CANCER BACK Salvage Surgery
25GY-CyberKnife(5) 3 Carboplatin
Apaghia /G button
2012: CANCER BACK -left tonsilar fossa
40GY-CyberKnife(5) 3 Carboplatin

Passed away 4-29-13