Well, he wrecked the car this morning - everyone is fine, except for the Challenger....then to boot went to the Dr. as he had a horrific nite caughing and told me to get an appointment today. The Dr. wanted to hospitalize him so that he could see a pulmonary Dr. right away, get a CAT scan and go on IV antibiotics. He wouldn't do it!!! I'm to the point of being done with all of this - - - I told him in front of his Dr. that he had no right to take up the Dr.'s time, leave other pationts that had appointments out in the waiting room way past their scheduled appointment (because she agreed to see us as soon as we got there), that were actually SEEKING HER ADVICE AND LIKELY TO TAKE IT, only to ignore her and still not be any better. I let him have it - he told the Dr. that he and I are "obviously not on the same page", but we would deal with it at home. I walked out. Watched tornadoes for an hour drop out of the sky here in Dallas hoping that one would drop on me. So I'm off to bed, still reeling from the heap of rubble in our garage and the coughing/gagging that I've been listening to for the past 24 hrs....feel like I'm just spinning my wheels and feel bad for the medical profession when it meets such obstinate people as Jim.....thanks for listening OCF....

Caregiver to Husband 50 yrs.young-non smoker/non-drinker; Stage IV - all treatments stopped August 2009
Lost the battle November 23, 2010