Hi. Welcome to OCF. Glad you found us. I can only offer advice from my sisters perspective. She had her hemi glossectomy in June. The first few days are not going to be pretty. The tongue swells and that is why they need to put in a trach and Feeding tube. My sisters was taken out in 6 days. Most keep the feeding tube longer then that. We stayed with my sister 24/7 during her stay because she was t able to communicate to well. She came home in 8 days I believe. After she was released she went weekly to the speech and swallow therapist and still goes to physical therapy twice a week. Hopefully someone else will write about feeding tube meals. I am not familiar with it since my sister refuses it during radiation. Good luck to you and keep us posted.

Last edited by Susan3175; 09-06-2010 04:15 PM. Reason: Spelling

CG to Sister (42). Smoker quit @ diagnosis Dx 4/20/10 SCC T2N0M0, Rside of tongue Hemigloss R neck dis, all nodes removed 6/2/10, Trach and NG in, home 6/8/10,8/18/2010 start erbitux x6, 30 IMRT end 10/11/10 with only 3x erbitux due to reaction and one week off of rads
1/10/2011 Clear PET!!!