Can't believe it everytime I think life is back on an even keele, some scare comes along again. My partner was diagnosed stage 4 2 years ago went through treatment and has been doing great apart from the regular scares that I have bored you with. He has been a bit down recently, but I thought he was pretty good and have stopped going to 2 monthly checkups with him. He has just come back from one - not with the regular consultant but another ENT guy. He initially said the consultant said he was fine and then admitted to me that he had been to the doctor last week having had some discomfort soreness and redness in his other tonsil/palette area for about 5 weeks!! Doctor said it was nothing to worry about and gave him antibiotics as did the ENT today. However he let me have a look at although there isn't a tumour per se, he has got a red area which is concievably be Erythroplakia, but having said that we have to remember that I am one to panic...but perhaps with good reason... the GP and ENT completely missed his cancer the first time round for over 2 months even when he had a bloody great lump in his neck. So casual attitudes to a red patch in the mouth of someone who has already had cancer does nothing to reassure me. I can't believe that they didnt suggest a biopsy or a follow up in a couple of weeks just to make sure. I dont really know what to do now cos he is relieved and now I am incredibly worried. any advice or sensible comments on the probability of this being cancerous would be greatly appreciated. What else could a 5 week old red spot be?

Thanks
Cathy