It has been a while since we have heard anything from Pete's daughter. Ive been concerned, so I emailed her and here is the response she sent me....

I'm so sorry that I dropped the ball. It has been quite a week. I'll be setting up a site on caringbridge.org tomorrow, will post on the OCF site. For now here is the shirt version. Plz repost if you want to ocf. We got my dad into a skilled nursing facility on monday. All seemed great, he was super lucid even asked for his computer. Wednesday we got the official 'end stage' cancer verdict from oncologist from seattle cancer care alliance. Surgery not an option, chemo not an option. Tumors have progressed in the tonsils and neck enough to pinch a nerve and collapse the left side of his face. Sad, terribly heartbreaking, but he was ready to say no to treatment so sort of okay.

On thursday his PEG tube became clogged enuf to not allow for food or pain meds. He was admitted back to hospital at UW Medical Center. He has pneumonia now. PEG has been fixed, and we are stalling over the weekend to find a hospice close to home that will care for trach patients.

My brother is here again, and my aunt was here last week. He was given a 6 month est prior to the pneumonia. He did receive all the emails, and I will continue to print out the OCF thread for him.

Thank you for caring so much. I know that he has drawn most of hi cancer support from the site and all of you. I will update the thread on the site. Do not hesitate to email me if you need more info. You are his family too.

Odile

Christine
SCC 6/15/07 L chk & by L molar both Stag I, age44
2x cispltn-35 IMRT end 9/27/07
-65 lbs in 2 mo, no caregvr
Clear PET 1/08
4/4/08 recur L chk Stag I
surg 4/16/08 clr marg
215 HBO dives
3/09 teeth out, trismus
7/2/09 recur, Stg IV
8/24/09 trach, ND, mandiblctmy