Just got a call from the breast cancer doctor this am. The biopsy came back very early breast cancer. I have an appointment with the local surgeon tomorrow to discuss treamtent. Had I any inkling that this would come back positive, I would have never gone to this doctor because I don't like the hospital she is associated with. My GP, both radiologists, and the breast cancer doc all said these small calcifications rarely come back positive. How did I get so lucky?

I'm not having a normal reaction to this. I have no fear only RAGE. I haven't even cried. How the hell did I get this one? Other than my sister who spent many years on HRTs, no one in the family has ever had breast cancer.

Treatment is apparently lumpectomy and possible radiation. I hope I can skip the radiation part. My gynocologist called me this am also and gave me the name of the top surgeon at Jefferson in Philly so I may get a second opinion there. I'm not looking forward to surgery being total laryngectomee. I have a lot of mucous and everyone keeps trying to put the oxygen mask on my mouth. I more afraid of dying from a screw up in surgery due to the trach than the breast cancer.

To add insult to injury, my nice new one year old computer can not connect to the internet so I cannot research this from home. Spent over an hour on the phone with Verizon switching cables etc and it does not appear to be the modem as I can connect to Internet with both cables to office laptop. So it is either software or modem connection on back of computer. I doubt it is the latter and no idea how to diagnose or fix the former. Who do I call? The GEEK squad?

If any of you ladies have been down this path and can give me an idea about this lumpectomy or point me to a good forum, I would appreciate it. I will be in contact with Kris. All help appreciated.

Take care,
Eileen

----------------------
Aug 1997 unknown primary, Stage III
mets to 1 lymph node in neck; rt ND, 36 XRT rad
Aug 2001 tiny tumor on larynx, Stage I total laryngectomy; left ND
June 5, 2010 dx early stage breast cancer
June 9, 2011 SCC 1.5 cm hypo pharynx, 70% P-16 positive, no mets, Stage I