Eileen, I finally got authorization for PT and I am going to do it because according to my ENT and EZJim it does not get better, only worse. That is just so hard to comprehend with this dang disease. I'm so used to being a fast healer. I broke my shoulder three years ago and was back to work in a week after surgery. I was in pain but I could still type and I could take the pain as I knew it would get better in time. But to ask the ENT when my mouth is going to feel better and have him say, don't look foward to it. It will probably just get worse. That just floored me. I sure didn't want to hear that. I need to get a little different attitude towards food and quit trying to be a wonderwoman and think I should be able to eat anything by now. It's been four months or so since radiation ended. I guess I don't have much patience. And my family doesn't understand anything about radiation to the mouth. They just liken it to the radiation two of them have had to their breast and don't see why I have side effects since they didn't have any except burning. Of course their radiation was also only about 30 seconds compared to our 20 minute zapping.

BOT-SCC Partial glossectomy 7/16/09.
Stage IV, Rt ND 10/2/09.
Teeth out 11/5/09.
Port/peg in, 11/20/09.
7 wks rad & chemo, end 1/22/10
lung, colon biopsies 1/9/11 - both cancer
colon resect surg 1/10/11
Folfox + Avastin - discontinued 6/11
lung surgery 3/13/12, 5/1/12
mets to liver and bones
passed away 9/4/13