So severe dysplasia with areas of hyperorthokeratosis. I don't think I understand the dfference between hyperkeratosis and hyperorthokeratosis. The surgeon said he got it all with an excisional of 1.25 cm. The area is healing well with a slight white patch right near my cheek. I was kind of worried because before i knew a white patch in the mouth could be dangerous, I thought it was a white stain from my whitening mouth wash. I told the dr that I had taken my tweezers and removed chunks of it before I went to my dentist appt and my regular dentist discovered the spoy. Now I know how dumb that was. But to be honest, before all of this I hadn't even heard of oral dysplasia. He said he thinks it should still be ok and we will just monitor it. I feel relieved but yet uneasy. This has been an exhausting experience. He didn't mention a time frame for watching it so I assume it's at my regular 6 month dental cleanings. He also looked at the bump near where the white spot was and said he thinks it's nothing. I've learned a lot from this forum but still feel at a loss as to how to proceed in my own situation. The dr did tell me that he saw the white areas where my tonsils were removed and that usually anything bilateral was a normal thing.

n/a