Starting with my original condition, squamous carcinoma in my throat found in Dec. '08. 3 (two day) cisplaten treatments every 3 wks. 35 radiation treatments during and after chemo treatments. A peg tube was also inserted. All subsequent testing has shown positive results from treatments. I experienced mild nausea, some hair loss (mostly recovered)during and right after treatments and loss of appetite.

Several months after treatments ended my teeth began to rot and fall out, my hearing has been (permanately) impaired (now need haering aids)and my main issue is I am not producing saliva.With about a 40lb weight loss (206 down to 165).

As a result from lack of saliva it is difficult, almost imossible to swallow. I have tried with no success over the counter remedies (Biotene etc. Have just started taking "Pilocarpine" as prescribed by my new radiologist, who also had me have a Barium swallow test regarding my asperating. I am now in the process of getting an appointment with another Dr. to teach me how to swallow.

I am hoping against hope that maybe learning how to swallow in conjunction with the new Pilocarpine medication i mat regain some salive producing effects.

I would appreciate any advise/ suggestions from those having simular issues.

BARRY FRATELLO