On 2/5/10 I finished breast cancer treatment. I have symptoms of numbness in my jaw since 11/09 when I finished radiation. An MRI at the time showed nothing but since the symptoms had not gone away another MRI was scheduled. So on Friday, 2/5/20 when my office was celebrating with me that I finished breast cancer treatment, I learned from my head and neck surgeon that I had a tumor on the nerve in my jaw and it was cancer. He was going to the tumor board the next week to determine my treatment. Really ruined the celebration!

We decided to get a second opinion from another area cancer surgeon who looked at the MRI and said yes, you have cancer on the nerve and I want to removed your jaw. He wanted to do a PET scan before he went to the tumor board to see how far the cancer had spread. While we waited for results to come in the first tumor board said they wanted to schedule surgery first week of March and we said we were waiting for the second opinion. It was a long week and a half while we waited for the the PET scan and the results from the second opinion. On the day that we new the tumor board was meeting I recieved a call at work from surgeon number two...PET scan was totally CLEAR! No cancer showed from my hips to the top of my head! He could not explain it, but wanted to repeat the MRI. The next MRI was totally clear too!

All they can say is they don't know why I have numbness, but I do not have cancer on the nerve. Many people and family have been praying for me and I thank God for the miracle in my life!I still have some numbness but I can live with that! I work with 43 people who now are not as scared about hearing the words "you have cancer". It can be beat! Never give up hope and faith! - Kris

SCC Stage IV left tonsil neck disection 3/02 radiation finished 6/02 chemo finished 9/02
Stage 2A left breast cancer 3/09, chemo and radiation, finished treatment 2/7/10 -Stage 2 right beast cancer 10/14 chemo and radiation
Every day is still a gift :-)