Tommy,

Welcome to OCF, I'm sorry that you found yourself in this situation but glad that you've found this forum and happy you are here.

Let me first say that I commend your attitude and outlook, you are right in the fact that these are important in dealing with this situation. The only things you can control through this ordeal is your attitude, your nutrition and choosing your medical team...all of which are very important.

To give yourself the best possible outcome, make sure you are getting the absolute best possible medical advice available to you. It sounds like you are comfortable with your choice, however I would advise you to get a second opinion from a Comprehensive Cancer Care Center...just for prudence and due diligence sake, then go where you are most comfortable.

I also have a wife and two small boys (6 and 10) and they've had to endure the experience. It is much harder on them then it was on myself, so making sure they have the support they need is very important as well.

Good luck and best wishes

Eric

Young Frack, SCC T4N2M0, Cisplatin,35+ rads,ND, RT Mandiblectomy w fibular free flap, facial paralysis, "He who has a "why" to live can bear with almost any "how"." -Nietzche "WARNING" PG-13 due to Sarcasm & WAY too much attitude, interact at your own risk.