I think I may have adversely tempted fate when I posted about me being 6 years from original diagnosis, 2 years since treatment for recurrance!

I saw my surgeon last Monday for a regularly scheduled check up but lo and behold a few days later I feel a lump in my neck - right side; higher up - almost under my jaw. Instant panic. My mind starts to relive my doctors palpatation of my neck. Did I have my chin too far down for him to feel this, or is this truly new? Do I call them or don't I? One NEVER wanted to be labelled a "difficult patient", after all everyone else I know thinks I am courageous and heroic for getting this far (if they only new how WRONG they are!!!)

So to be on the safe side, I send an e mail and get a squeezed in appointment for today where they did a FNA. They are also going to move up my next CT. The doctor says he "doesn't think it is anything to worry about" but he says that every time I get a lump. Most of the time he's right......but.........

Oddly, I was very matter of fact about this lump right up until they said they were going to do the FNA. For some reason, the waterworks started then. Go figure. Do you EVER get used to this stress?

This time, I have not told a soul........except my OCF family..... I often feel I have worn out my family with lumps bumps and biopsies - time to give them a break.

I'll let you know when I hear something more

Donna

Donna,69, SCC L Tongue T2N1MO Stg IV 4/04 w/partial gloss;32 radtx; T2N2M0 Stg IV; R tongue-2nd partial gloss w/graft 10/07; 30 radtx/2 cispl 2/08. 3rd Oral Cancer surgery 1/22 - Stage 1. 2022 surgery eliminated swallowing and bottom left jaw. Now a “Tubie for Life”.no food envy - Thank God! Surviving isn't easy!!!! .Proudly Canadian - YES, UNIVERSAL HEALTH CARE IS WONDERFUL! (Not perfect but definitely WONDERFUL)