I think I may have adversely tempted fate when I posted about me being 6 years from original diagnosis, 2 years since treatment for recurrance!

I saw my surgeon last Monday for a regularly scheduled check up but lo and behold a few days later I feel a lump in my neck - right side; higher up - almost under my jaw. Instant panic. My mind starts to relive my doctors palpatation of my neck. Did I have my chin too far down for him to feel this, or is this truly new? Do I call them or don't I? One NEVER wanted to be labelled a "difficult patient", after all everyone else I know thinks I am courageous and heroic for getting this far (if they only new how WRONG they are!!!)

So to be on the safe side, I send an e mail and get a squeezed in appointment for today where they did a FNA. They are also going to move up my next CT. The doctor says he "doesn't think it is anything to worry about" but he says that every time I get a lump. Most of the time he's right......but.........

Oddly, I was very matter of fact about this lump right up until they said they were going to do the FNA. For some reason, the waterworks started then. Go figure. Do you EVER get used to this stress?

This time, I have not told a soul........except my OCF family..... I often feel I have worn out my family with lumps bumps and biopsies - time to give them a break.

I'll let you know when I hear something more

Donna
Donna,

You tempted nothing.

A quote from Henry Miller: "We create our fate every day we live"

If god graces me with 1, 10 or 30 more years on this planet I will certainly worry at every lump, bump and sore spot I get, then I'll do what we all do here, I'll take care of it and move on as far as the good lord will let me.

I'm hoping and praying your doctor is right and its nothing. I also know you will never again worry about tempting fate but in creating it.
Donna here's hoping it is nothing more than cheering too loud for Team Canada through the Olympics. Keep us posted, we are all here for you.
Thanks - they phoned today and moved up the CT as well. That will be done this Thursday. I'm not sure if I am comforted or frightened that they are moving quickly!!

All prayers welcome.

Donna
Donna,
I will be praying for you. Its hard not to worry about every bump or lump but your doing the right thing getting it checked out. Keep us posted!
Donna
get to the island and chill for an hour or so.I will be thinking of you hun.

love liz
I'm sorry you have to deal with another "worry". Praying that it is nothing. Glad they moved the appointment up. Waiting is always the worst. Hugs
Hi Donna,

I'm my husband's caregiver and we both worry when a lump appears in his throat. It's so scary....I'll be praying that its nothing. Hang in there.

Hugs,

Shelley
Donna, wanted to add my prayers and good wishes for you. Warmly
Donna,

Praying for good news.
Oh Donna, Im so sorry to hear of your latest hurdle. You did the right thing with contacting your doc right away. Dont even be concerned about how you are viewed. Im sure you are in no way even close to being a difficult patient. Im saying lots of prayers for my pal !!!!!
Donna my buddy, I am sure your family wants to know your problems and help you thru them. This is your life and they are a prt of it and will help you thru whatever. With your personality, they have to love you as we all do but theirs has to have more passion. Let he tears flow whenever you have to the urge and never be ashamed of them..Luv Ya lady.
Donna

Difficult? Hardly. Who in their right mind would not be worried sick about this? Wishing you a totally clear CT scan tomorrow.
Asking the Universe. Praying. There, that should cover all the bases.
Charm
Donna- Hoping for clear scan for you. We all understand the anxiety you are going through. Its awful!

Wishing you continued heath and no complications.

K
Donna,

I will be praying for a clear scan for you! Keep the faith.

Shelley

Donna:

I, too, will pray for a clear scan for you today. Like all the other forum members, I freak out whenever I discover something new, or something resembling past symptoms. Having them checked out is the only thing we can do, which is what you're doing. Let us know soon.

julieann
Donna,

I'm praying for you! It is hard not to worry and best to get it check right away.
YOUR PRAYERS WORKED!! Results are in today - fine needle biopsy showed inflamation cells, and the CT shows no change since last CT which was last August. My surgeon called and said we will just have to keep on top of all of these lumps - said I did the right thing to contact them quickly, but for now, all OK. He will continue to keep "a close eye" on everything.

WHEW!! Now time to sleep.

Thank you all so very much. I seriously have no idea where I would be without all the support I receive from my OCF family. Many hugs from a very relieved............

Donna
smile smile YIPPPPEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! smile smile
Congrats on the great news. Ive been checking everyday for an update. Now you can move on. Hugs to YOU, Donna smile smile smile
Donna:

A BIG DITTO FOR CHRISTINE'S MESSAGE - IT SAYS IT ALL!

Julieann
GREAT NEWS Donna!!!!
Donna,

Wonderful tests results! What a relief for you...Geri
Donna
Isn't great when a lump is just a lump? so glad for you.
Charm
Donna,

Wonderful news, so happy for you.

Anita
grin smile Donna that is GREAT NEWS!!!! Have a great day!!!
Congrats Donna . You sure needed to hear this news, Maybe no more 2:30 AM conversations . LOL Keep it up gal.
Am soooo pleased for you!
YEA!
Wonderful news Donna!! I'm so happy for you.
Donna....great news! Doing the happy dance for you!
OH DONNA!!!

I am soooo happy for you!!!

Great news, Donna! I am getting ready to leave for my latest follow up appointment with RO, and I get stressed over that. I can only imagine the stress you were feeling before the results came back. Enjoy!!
Congrats on the great news. So happy for you.
Congrats on the great news, Donna! I am now in the boat of waiting for results of a biopsy....this never gets any easier!
I've been MIA for a couple of weeks, but keep meaning to check on your lump situation. So glad to hear scan was clear. So so glad.
Just received a phone call to see my oral cancer doctor tomorrow for results of biopsy. All prayers welcome! Thank You!
Carol,

Why not start a new thread with your results so that more of us can rally around you? Good luck tomorrow.

Anita
Carol,
Here's hoping all is well. Keep us posted. Start a new thread with the results.

Take care,
Eileen
Here's hoping Carol - you know you have us all rooting for you. Please please let us know asap. Hugs

Donna
Good vibes going out to you Carol.
© Oral Cancer Support - Survivor / Patient Forum