Wow - how nice to hear from you all. Today we saw the ENT surgeon and she confirmed with a visual examination and hands on palpitation the good news of the MRI. Even better, she cleared up that my "one year" period started at the surgery and not the clean up Cyberknife so since tomorrow is one year since the surgery, I have finally gone one year without active Cancer. First time in three years !!
In anticipation of the good news, I packed a can of Jevity, a cup and a syringe so I could take my wife out to a celebratory lunch in Georgetown at one of our favorite Indian restaurants, where she had delicious tandoori oven baked eggplant all curried up over rice with onion kulcha bread. Then we stopped off at a upscale consignment place next door and got a designer handbag (PETA friendly)for $15 on sale. To top it off, as I was about to put money into the parking ticket dispenser, a man pulled up in the street, honked and gave us his which still had an hour left on it. He liked my black Aussie hat with the full length Western black duster.
And like the excerpt from the OCF news feed on Roger Ebert I posted in the coping/anger forum, it was a pleasure to watch my caregiver wife eat her meal while I discreetly syringed my Jevity.
So yes, Seda and all the other new comers, there is HOPE even if you get a recurrence - something that our OCF posters demonstrate each and every day.
Charm

Last edited by Charm2017; 02-24-2010 05:45 PM. Reason: typos

65 yr Old Frack
Stage IV BOT T3N2M0 HPV 16+
2007:72GY IMRT(40) 8 ERBITUX No PEG
2008:CANCER BACK Salvage Surgery
25GY-CyberKnife(5) 3 Carboplatin
Apaghia /G button
2012: CANCER BACK -left tonsilar fossa
40GY-CyberKnife(5) 3 Carboplatin

Passed away 4-29-13