Charm,
Great news and good work on your part in getting a straight answer.
The radiologist reading the results uses a standard report to cover all possibiliteis. It is up to the doctor to sort it out. In the meantime we can go crazy from the sometimes frightening, sometimes vague and often unintelligble jargon. As a veteran of many tests,x-rays and ultrasounds I feel that the worst scenario is to get a letter with the recommendation to check with your physician. I much prefer having the doctor let me know what the findings are and discuss what should be done next. The reports are good to keep for one's records and as a point of reference when talking with the doctors.
I recently had the annual CT for my kidneys. Since my 1st CT the doctors had been monitoring a small spot which now seems to have changed shape and gotten smaller. The resident came in and said the radiologist recommended a 6 month follow-up CT based on chages in the kidney which had not been operated on. My doctor came in and said that the spot probably had collapsed. I could have the CT in 6 mo if I wanted, but that given my history he didn't beleive it was cancer and given that unlikely occurance it would be so slow growing thqat another 6 months would not be critical.

SCC stage II Partial mandibulectomy w. neck dissection- July 2005. Renal cancer w. partial nephrectomy-Jan 2004. Breast cancer discovered in routine mammogram. Successful lumpectomy, sentinal nodes clear, RT only-2008 Reconstruction of mandible w fibula free flap-Jan 09. TORS removal of begnin pappiloma from esophagus-2010. Masectomy,rt breast 2013.
Support OCF