In case some of you with over active humor muscles misread my post laugh , I was serious about the restricted blood flow. My right side carotid artery has now got to pass through a battlefield of sinew and connective tissues that have become tight and built up. I assume because they are doing the work that the sternocleidomastoid {love that word} used to do. I am quite sure that flow through that artery is no longer laminar. Then of course the return path is also smaller as the jugular vein has been removed. I know just enough about physics and hydraulics to believe this has some effect that is different from the way it used to be BC (before cancer as opposed to AD after diagnosis)

To give you a more vivid idea of what I mean, When we were in junior high several kids found out how to make themselves pass out by hyperventilating and then squeezing their necks. They would "white out and drop" they would be out for several seconds and it didn't take much pressure on the neck to make it happen.

I would like to know if there is an easy way to test blood pressure in the head. (don't even think of the pressure cuff turtle neck jokes)
It would be interesting to know if there is a difference and if so does that help to explain the various things we seem to feel and experience. (like headaches, light headed, ringing ears, etc.)

Mark, 21 Year survivor, SCC right tonsil, 3 nodes positive, one with extra-capsular spread. I never asked what stage (would have scared me anyway) Right side tonsillectomy, radical neck dissection right side, maximum radiation to both sides, no chemo, no PEG, age 40 when diagnosed.