Not knowing CA labor laws I'd have to say I'm not sure. I've GM'd in two different states and I had to be up on the labor laws in WA and ID, it varies considerably state by state.

I would study your companies employee handbook first though as generally speaking, it's your principle "employment contract" and generally your rights and protections are detailed therein, unless of course you have a seperate employment contract and then you have to take both as a whole, with your primary contract superceding the handbook.

Let's face it though, CA is notorious for having liberal labor laws so I'm sure you have some protection there. I would also not be above crying descrimination...technically they are judging you by your "tone" when you've had a cancer and surgery that affects speech. As a former employer I'd be a little frightened of that being in your employment record. I would talk to HR and if you don't find satisfaction there, talk to a labor attorney. Depends on how nasty you want to get. Personally, I'd be pissed and cry foul, especially if someone judged me on my tone after what I've been through.

good luck, knowledge is power, so do your homework there on the labor laws and handbook etc..

Eric

Young Frack, SCC T4N2M0, Cisplatin,35+ rads,ND, RT Mandiblectomy w fibular free flap, facial paralysis, "He who has a "why" to live can bear with almost any "how"." -Nietzche "WARNING" PG-13 due to Sarcasm & WAY too much attitude, interact at your own risk.