Hi Everyone,

My husband Ron has been cancer free for 5 year's. I was starting to relax and think OK, this is good, what are the odds the beast will come back? Well a spot in his throat has been bothering him for the past couple of months. To be on the safe side he went in today to have it checked out. The doctor at UCLA is concerned so they are going to do a biopsy in January....needless to say Ron is scared....I can hear it in his voice. My stomach is in knots right now too.

Ron asked the doctor if it is cancer can it be removed with no problem and the doctor said yes, which is good. I always thought that if you made it to this point you are pretty much home free...I guess not. I tried to reassure him that it isn't cancer until they say it is and I'm praying it isn't. I've just realized that with this type of cancer you've always got to be on guard. If it has come back at least they caught it early....thanks for letting me vent.

Shelley

Caregiver to husband Ron. Throat Cancer. Finished 35 radiation treatments on 11/21/04. 8/2/11 small lesion on lower gum, laser Procedure to remove. 3/6/12 Doc. removed another lesion on outside of his neck. Did a skin graft from his chest to replace the skin on his neck. Went to Heaven on 6/24/12.