Dianne

Sometimes a lump is just a lump. It could be scar tissue or many other non-cancer things. Remember, it's not cancer until the biopsy. My ENT was the one whom I turned to out of the team when my lump appeared but mine was right on the left side of the tongue near the base - where the first cancer had been.
It's very human to worry: OCF even has a name for this:Sword of Damocles syndrome: Here is an excerpt from the main OCF on the fear you are having:
[quote]Rather than silly, these are normal and ubiquitous concerns; unfortunately, they "go with the territory." They, too, get better over time. Dr. Christopher Gates, a psychiatrist, helps the person to conceptualize these fears by saying:
Just imagine with me that your frightening thoughts are like voices on a radio. They can be controlled by changing the volume. When the volume is up too high, the noise (your fear) is so loud you can't hear or think of anything else. But you can turn the volume down, so low that you still hear the noise (your fear) in the background, but it doesn't bother you so much, and you can concentrate on other things. [/quote]

My suggestion is to read the entire OCF article on emotions. If nothing else, it will reassure you that your feelings are pefectly normal, we all had them, and you will get through this no matter what the lump turns out to be
OCF- survivors
charm

65 yr Old Frack
Stage IV BOT T3N2M0 HPV 16+
2007:72GY IMRT(40) 8 ERBITUX No PEG
2008:CANCER BACK Salvage Surgery
25GY-CyberKnife(5) 3 Carboplatin
Apaghia /G button
2012: CANCER BACK -left tonsilar fossa
40GY-CyberKnife(5) 3 Carboplatin

Passed away 4-29-13