Marks list of things that have produced cancer in both humans and in laboratory animals is a short one; the real list would take up this whole page and then some. The question in all these debates, and I do not wish to get into one here, is volume of exposure and duration of exposure. Artificial sweeteners got hammered years ago because they caused cancer in lab animals, as did many other products. After all the hoopla, it was determined that you had to consume hundreds of packs of the stuff, everyday, for years on end, to get the same volume of exposure they gave the lab animals... Studies sometimes tend to find what they are looking for. So should you never eat a hot dog? Have a drink of diet cola (read that label sometime)? Or bar-b-que a burger on the grill and enjoy it? Hardly. But should you question the good sense in drinking 10 diet colas a day, everyday.... that is another issue. Even the money that we handle which contains nickel (silver is a thing of the past) is bad for you. Nickel is a known carcinogen... So should you not hand 5-cent pieces and quarters? So what is a reasonable and rational person to do when everything in our environment is potentially harmful to us? The Government now tells us that sawdust exposure over the years will cause cancer...wood for Christ's sake!!

You may not be able to choose to live outside the city and the pollutants in the air, you may not be able to limit your drinking of tap water that in many cities contains things like arsenic and pesticide residue, you may not be able to only eat organic foods free from the pesticides that our industrial farms spray on everything, you may not be able to not eat the meats that are produced in this country with enough hormones in them to throw your own hormonal balance out of whack. So what can you do? You try to live a life of moderation and compromise. You try to make the best decisions an informed person can. But you won't live any longer living in a pure bubble than you might outside of one. You body has the ability to defend itself against many of these things as long as the volume of exposure isn't huge. At the three ball games I get to go to a year, I

Brian, stage 4 oral cancer survivor. OCF Founder and Director. The first responsibility of a leader is to define reality. The last is to say thank you. In between, the leader is a servant.