Hi to All, In trying to expand my knowledge of oral cancer and it's causes, I was doing more research on the web. Now I know fully well, you cannot believe everything that is out there - there is a lot of hype and nonsense, as well as potions and "snakeoil" that will claim to heal this disease. But I came across something that I thought I would ask about. Along with the primary culprits of cigarettes, chewing tobacco and alcohol, there are some things to staw away from as far as food is concerned. The site mentioned "smoked" meats such as hot dogs, kielbasi, some luncheon meats and of course the ever-popular "smokies" or "slim jims" as they are sometimes called. Does anyone think there is any truth that if you consume (I imagine they are talking about large quantities) of these mentioned foods - it could cause or contribute to oral cancer? And if that's the case - what about having a barbeque - where one uses those pre-soaked charcoal briquettes? I think I have heard other reports that the fumes from a charcoal briquette barbecue CAN cause some types of cancer. Does anyone put any credence into this? I ask this because my husband LOVED to eat lunch meats and kielbasi, etc (It's the Slovenian in him!) and we used to love always having a summertime BBQ. And what about the "nitrates" in food - such as "sodium nitrate" which is in just about everything you buy nowadays, in the store. Anyways, I was just wondering about this. Thanks.

DonnaJean