I e mailed Carol at the same time that I posted this, and got a reply this morning. I hope she doesn't mind me sharing part of her e mail

"He had a PET Scan on Monday, but evidentally he hasn't heard anything on it, or he would have let me know. His jawbones are deteriorated, but the one doctor said he's going to try to graft some flesh where it's really bad, and see if that won't give him relief from the pain. There was no cancer in his mouth, just alot of scar tissue"

Apparently one physician is going to try to do a graft to alleviate some of the extreme pain.

After hearing from Carol, I think it must be the pain and the pain meds that are keeping him away - but hope he finds his way back to the boards soon. We miss him!!!

Donna

Donna,69, SCC L Tongue T2N1MO Stg IV 4/04 w/partial gloss;32 radtx; T2N2M0 Stg IV; R tongue-2nd partial gloss w/graft 10/07; 30 radtx/2 cispl 2/08. 3rd Oral Cancer surgery 1/22 - Stage 1. 2022 surgery eliminated swallowing and bottom left jaw. Now a “Tubie for Life”.no food envy - Thank God! Surviving isn't easy!!!! .Proudly Canadian - YES, UNIVERSAL HEALTH CARE IS WONDERFUL! (Not perfect but definitely WONDERFUL)