Posted By: Pandora99 Has anyone heard from Jim? Last post Nov 5th - 11-11-2009 05:34 AM
Worried about that boy! If anyone has heard anything, please let me know. Thanks.

Donna
Yeah, it's not like him to keep so quiet.
I agree....he's on a lot. I don't know anything
I was going to post the same question this am...checked his last post as well...it has been 5.5 days since it. Unlike Jim.

No word from his sister Carol either and I saw that BarbT was on but did not post a couple of days ago. Hmmmm???

Has anyone tried to PM him or Carol??

Deb
I e mailed Carol at the same time that I posted this, and got a reply this morning. I hope she doesn't mind me sharing part of her e mail

"He had a PET Scan on Monday, but evidentally he hasn't heard anything on it, or he would have let me know. His jawbones are deteriorated, but the one doctor said he's going to try to graft some flesh where it's really bad, and see if that won't give him relief from the pain. There was no cancer in his mouth, just alot of scar tissue"

Apparently one physician is going to try to do a graft to alleviate some of the extreme pain.

After hearing from Carol, I think it must be the pain and the pain meds that are keeping him away - but hope he finds his way back to the boards soon. We miss him!!!

Donna
Posted By: Eileen Re: Has anyone heard from Jim? Last post Nov 5th - 11-11-2009 06:23 PM
I've been worried about it too. He only made one post that day which is so unlike him. I do hope he is able to get proper nutrition down so he is not losing a lot of weight. That reverse operation they want to do on his esophagus has me scared also. Sounds very risky to me and how would they solve the original problem?

Take care,
Eileen
Thank you for the update Donna....I think you are right. It must be the pain meds that are keeping him in bed. Although I still feel like it's a little unlike him...
Knowing Jim like we all do, i.e., only wild horses could keep him from posting, those must be some pretty big wild horses!~!~!

Donna, you're probably correct on the pain med theory. That's the only thing that makes any sense.
Posted By: Gabe Re: Has anyone heard from Jim? Last post Nov 5th - 11-11-2009 11:26 PM
He forwarded a joke on the 10th with no information as to his health.
I am in his mailing list (around 40 names and some I recognise from OCF) but other than that I have not heard anything. I will send an email shortly.
Gabriele
I just hung up with Jim; although he sounds a bit stiff and frozen like, his spirits are not broken! He said he needs a few more days and will be on and posting again soon. I got the impression it bothers him to sit at the computer.
He really surprised me, he truly sounded chipper! He's just proof that you can take the man out of the fight, but you can't take the fight out of the man! And- although his tongue feels frozen and he barely has any saliva at this time, you can still hear his charming southern drawllll....such a gentleman!
Just thought I would let you all know that he's hanging in there.
Stay strong Jim!! We all love you!!
Donnarose
Poor Jim...if anyone would still sound chipper it's him!!!
I don't know him that well but he has been a part of almost every post I have made. I appreciate him very much and hope things get better for him.
Thank you Donna!! I don't use the telephone due to my speech difficulties, so calling people really isn't in my realm. Thank you for doing that. Thrilled to hear he is feeling okay. I am beginning to wonder if he has charmed one of the nurses from the hospital into coming home with him......... I wonder if THATS why we haven't hears from him!!! ...........

Donna B
Happy Birthday Gabe!!
Thanks for the update Donna. I look forward to seeing him back online and posting.
Posted By: Gabe Re: Has anyone heard from Jim? Last post Nov 5th - 11-12-2009 07:36 PM
Thanks David...
I have had some lovely posts from my OCF friends on facebook.
It would be nice to hear from Jim too wink
Happy Birthday GAbe!!
Hope you had a great birthday Gabe smile

I got a PM from Jim today. He had a computer issue and lost all his favorites and had trouble getting onto OCF. He didnt say how he was feeling.
© Oral Cancer Support - Survivor / Patient Forum