I have been seeking to fill a spiritual void for years. I have purposely looked for the unusual instead of what was in front of me. I am stufying the bible now. I like it. I put a study bible on my Kindle.

As for doctors and pain: I went back to the doctor to discuss pain I thought. They did everything to avoid that subject. They put me off of the medication discussion by ordering another scan. 2nd in 7 days.

The resident there refused to write a prescription and told me to take the morphine I have. Even though my doctor just told us both that morphine was not the best solution for oral pain.

My doctor told me to keep my mouth shut and not worry about asking too many questions.
I settled for strong nsaids and tramadol just to get something new to try for pain.

My counselor is not suggesting I see them again. She is arranging for my radiation oncologist to help me with life after treatments.

I am seeking a second opinion because the pain is not going away and my jaw is swelling, although slightly.

Last edited by hisnibs; 10-31-2009 11:11 PM.

Age 52, T2 N0 M0 SCC of left anterior floor of mouth. Esophagoscopy, Direct laryngoscopy, Resection of left anterior FOM lesion w/ lateral tongue. left selective neck dissection levels I-IV. 5x6cm skin graft coverng excision. Finished 33-35 rad Tx. False recurrence 12-22-10 last surgery 2-15-10