Charm, my sentiments exactly. I didn't know you studied akido, which is FUN and beautiful for a japanese style, which I normally find rigid and stylistically challenged when compared to fluid movements of the chinese and korean arts. Not that they are ineffective...just not as flashy as kung-fu or Tae Kwon Do usually.

Nutrition and exercise are great and I would challenge anyone to adhere to my old nutrition plans or exercise program, trust me when I say P90X had nothing on me. I never touched tobacco products, illegal drugs and rarely alcohol (never when training). Cancer didn't seem to care about any of those things, but I will say that it was probably my physical condition that helped me live to this point.

Marma, since your father-in-law is in India I'm sure he's already injested (regularly) one of the most potent anti-oxidants known in curcummin, which is found in tumeric, commonly used (excessively so) in curry. Tumeric though should never be taken during chemo without consulting your oncologist first as it can interfere. I also felt as Charm did in the tone and probable outcome to the happless PMer. Genetics are a motherFer that I don't believe diet and exercise alone can fully compensate for.

Young Frack, SCC T4N2M0, Cisplatin,35+ rads,ND, RT Mandiblectomy w fibular free flap, facial paralysis, "He who has a "why" to live can bear with almost any "how"." -Nietzche "WARNING" PG-13 due to Sarcasm & WAY too much attitude, interact at your own risk.