Yes David, the nodes are still swollen, more specifically the larger one. It HAS come down [in height] but the dimentions are they same. The tumour - well, they have seen something, but covered it over by saying it could be 'debris'. I called & spoke with the registrar we saw the other day [not Rod's oncoligist], the registrar said that after the scans they will make decisions on what they could do next. He said if the nodes don't grow any bigger, they won't do a biopsy. I just told him how we felt when leaving the hospital on Tuesday, and that there didn't seem much hope. 'Bloody awful feeling'. I felt a little better after speaking with him, guess there is no point thinking about it until it happens, but that is damn hard. He said their objective with the treatment was to 'cure' him, suppose that's the same for everyone.

Suemarie, thankyou for the offer of an ear...could be taking you up on that in the future!! Saw my councellor at work today, cried for 40mins non stop I reckon....going to bed now...

J
xxx

Jeanna
Wife/Carer of Rod, 56, Dx 5/3/09, SCC Oropharnyx T4 N2, End Tx 28th 07/09, 7wks Rad, 3 Cisplatin, primary tonsil, 4cm Lymph right of neck, 1cm left, in jaw & soft palate & base of tongue. Peg 06/09. CT & PET scans 02/11 - NED. Dentures 20/09/11, PEG out 28/10/11.