Hi
My name is Dan and I was diagnosed with Oral Cancer, BOT, Base of Tongue in February 2017. It has been a long journey. And I will type more as I have time

Briefly, I went to Mexico to Sanoviv (alternative treatments for cancer such as high dose Vitamin C 75k units every other day, Hyperbaric chamber every day, and HyperThermia every day) for treatment for 3 weeks then decided to do radiation there plus all the hyperbaric and hyperthermia. The tumor shrunk. In retrospect, I wish I had done the traditional. Radaiton in Riverside, CA would have been wiser with Chemo and Radiation together for 6 weeks.

I came back to live at my cabin in the mountains I got a g-tube from losing so much weight due to radiation does in the mouth etc. I was on a protein diet for quite a while then in 2018 I was at the City of Hope where they did chemo for 4 months and 5 sessions.

After that, I moved to Southern Orange County, CA to live closer to hospitals and medical and live in a nice senior village. I felt great but forgot I was supposed to start Keytruda after Chemo and did not have an oncologist. In the summer of 2019, the tumor grew back and in October I did CyberKnife - 5 sessions at 45 min. each of targeted radiation. That was hard on me and I made it through though. My speech deteriorated. During the Spring of 2019 before CyberKnife, I had an artery in my tongue burst, probably too much radiation in Mexico, and had surgery to seal it up. Later the other artery burst and they sealed up the other lingual artery. Not fun.

Then in 2020 the tumor grew back and I did 5 sessions of Chemo in Fountain Valley and now I am on Keytruda every 3 weeks. So here I am tumor is growing back or small and the mass they saw recently was a fungal mass that popped out of my mouth a few weeks ago. So this week I will get a cat scan to see if my lungs are clear of fungus.

I feel great, some small pains in my jaw and 2 fistulas that are not fun. One has an exposed jawbone that I can see and feel. I hope and pray it all heals up.

I am active and keep busy walking, my college art class, computer stuff, reading, zoom meetings, my spiritual center, signing songs on Sundays, teaching ASL online when I have clients, chores around the house, petting my cat, and keeping busy, being as joyful as I can and soon to take a workshop on healing yourself, heal your life in 2 weeks, breath work and other things. I love to meditate but with ADHD it is hard but I find ways to do some. That's all for now. More later. Warmly with peace love and wholeness to all, Dan

dan castle