Posted By: Susan Lauria Lots of Volunteer opportunities for 2010! - 12-21-2009 03:13 AM
Hello Everyone,

I just wanted to let everyone know that we will be having a great year at OCF in regard to walks/events. WE have many new events this year as well as our regulars. The list will be included in the OCF newsletter, so be on the look out for it.

I will be updating this list as we are getting more in and I will keep you abreast of definite dates.

If there is anyone interested in volunteering or attending these events, you can pm me and I will give you the organizers contact info.

Again, your participation in these events would be so much appreciated either as a volunteer or participant. You would be representing OCF in such a special way. It is also a great way to possibly meet each other!

Thank you all!

Any questions, just let me know.

Susan
Posted By: LindaNIH Re: Lots of Volunteer opportunities for 2010! - 01-01-2010 05:31 PM
Susan,
Would be interested in learning more about events in NYC, NJ and Washington. Thanks!
Hi Linda,

Great! We do have an event in Hicksville, NY on June 20th, the David Nasto Memorial Walk on September 25th in Andover, NJ and possibly a walk in Baltimore as well. Not sure about the Baltimore walk, we had one there last year but am waiting to hear from the organizer. We also have a walk at NYU in April, waiting for the def date. And I do believe we might have one in DC, but waiting for definites on that one as well. As soon as I get def dates for ones I mentioned I will fill you in. You can contact Lisa or Serena at [email protected] in regard to the Hicksville event. The David Nasto Walk is in memory of my brother so if you are interested in this, I can fill you in. This is NYU's 6th walk this year, a very successful event as well. But as I mentioned, I will get more info to you when I receive it. Thanks so much for wanting be involved! Let me know which ones you might be interested in!

Susan
Posted By: wilckdds Re: Lots of Volunteer opportunities for 2010! - 01-05-2010 12:33 PM
Linda,

Being in MD, you might be interested in the walk in Phila. if it goes off again this year. I haven't heard if it will, but Susan would know.

I have attended all 5 of the NYC walks in the past. As Susan said, it has been a very successful one.
Posted By: caanjo Re: Lots of Volunteer opportunities for 2010! - 01-05-2010 02:33 PM
Susan, do you have any information regarding the walk in Philadelphia?

Thanks!
-C
C-

I have been in touch with the Philly organizers and they are putting together a walk, they did say end of April, but no def date yet. I will keep you posted. In fact I will email again tonight to see if they got a date! They did well last year being the first walk, so I am sure it will a good one this year as well! I will keep in touch!

Susan
Hi Linda,

Yes, I did forget about the Philly walk, there will be one but waiting on a date, sometime end of April. I will let you know when I find out!

Take care

Susan
Linda and C,

Just got the word about Philly, date is set for April 17th at University of Penn. Contact is Natalie Powell or Ann Layveya, [email protected]/[email protected]. I will be having most of these walks up on the current ocf events site soon. If you have any more questions, let me know!!

Thank you for your support! Pass the info on to all, come and support the events and OCF!!
Posted By: wilckdds Re: Lots of Volunteer opportunities for 2010! - 01-06-2010 03:17 AM
Susan,

Looks like the NYC and Philly walks will be on the same date again, unless I'm wrong.
You know Jerry, I have been waiting to get a date from NYU, you must have good contacts! I kind of thought they would, its oral cancer awareness week. Keep me posted if you hear of a def date for sure.
Hi Linda,
Have a def date for Baltimore, April 17th. Will post more when I get it. PM me and I will give you organizers address.

Thanks!
Posted By: wilckdds Re: Lots of Volunteer opportunities for 2010! - 01-07-2010 03:35 AM
Here it is:

http://www.oralcancerwalknyc.org/

Here I go again making the big decision.
Thanks Jerry, checked the downloads, they need to change the date on the sponsor forms and flyers.

Sorry about the decision making!! Let me know which one you are attending. This is tough for me as well! But NYU gets so much support already, Philly could use some so I might do that again this year.

Good night!

Posted By: MrsGrant Re: Lots of Volunteer opportunities for 2010! - 01-07-2010 04:53 AM
Susan,
Any word on a date for Nashville walk?

Thanks

Posted By: MrsGrant Re: Lots of Volunteer opportunities for 2010! - 01-07-2010 05:50 AM
Susan I took a look into that one...The Boot Scootin 2nd Annual OC Walk is March 13th. It wasn't easy to find! I do believe there is another one in Nashville put on by one of the medical schools but I am unaware of the date.
Posted By: ElCee Re: Lots of Volunteer opportunities for 2010! - 01-07-2010 03:13 PM
Hi to all. Is there anything for Jacksonville, Florida. Walks, Awareness, Support, etc? Whom I can contact?

Linda
Hi Shaylynn,

I did send Nicki Raines your email concerning the walk. Yes it is March 13th. I know she would love your help. Her email is [email protected]. I believe it is Centennial Park like last year. We should have more info soon. Any other questions, please let me know!

There is also a Chattanooga Oral Cancer Awareness Walk on April 10th, this is their first one! An oral cancer survivor, Jeanna Richelson, is organizing that one.

Thanks
Hi Linda,

We do have a cancer walk being planned in Miami I believe for May, no def date yet but should have one soon. I can give you the organizers email if you like, I am sure she would love the support, this is their first walk! Her name is Jessica and you can reach her at [email protected]. She is a wonderful person and very excited about doing this event. Let me know if you have any questions!

Thanks

Susan
Posted By: ChuckF Re: Lots of Volunteer opportunities for 2010! - 01-11-2010 01:25 AM
Susan,
I plan on attending Philly again this year.
It gives me a chance to visit family in the area.

Good Health,
Chuck
Hi Chuck,

Great, I do plan on attending Philly as well.

I just found out that NYU is now April 24th, so maybe I can attend both!

Looking forward to meeting you. When it gets closer, I will send you me cell so we can locate each other.

Have a good night!

Susan
Posted By: wilckdds Re: Lots of Volunteer opportunities for 2010! - 01-12-2010 01:28 PM
Barring any family events, I will try to be at both also.
© Oral Cancer Support - Survivor / Patient Forum