Posted By: ChristineB Facebook - 01-30-2009 01:18 AM
For the newer OCF members, OCF is on Facebook. Many of the forum members can be found there, myself included. This forum is wonderful and so helpful to so many. Facebook takes things a step further and adds faces to OCF's family members. Its located under The Oral Cancer Foundation.

Thanks Brian for putting OCF on Facebook.

Posted By: SandySt. Re: Facebook - 01-30-2009 01:01 PM
Christine:
I'm new to this list. Just diagnosed with tongue cancer. I like to look up the facebook page, but can't find it. Do I look under OCF or a person's name.
Thanks
Sandy Stevens
Posted By: ChristineB Re: Facebook - 01-30-2009 06:02 PM
Sandy...

In the search field of facebook type.... The Oral Cancer Foundation
Posted By: suzanne98 Re: Facebook - 02-15-2009 04:35 PM
I am on Facebook too. As Christine knows...I love to put a face with a name.
Posted By: davidcpa Re: Facebook - 02-16-2009 02:17 PM
I just joined Facebook but when you go to the OFC how can we tell who's who? I mean I see the pictures and their names but how do we associate that with their OFC name?
Posted By: Good1 Re: Facebook - 02-16-2009 05:53 PM
David

This is the fun part of the game. You have to try to figure out who is who. smile I'm on there - can you find me? It is like Marco Polo.

Patty
Posted By: Ray1971 Re: Facebook - 02-16-2009 05:53 PM
Never thought of that...

On OCF, my name is Ray1971 and on Facebook I put my full name which is Raymond Flaherty...

hello my name is Raymond Flaherty, aka Ray1971...LOL...everyone can just call me Ray and some call me Ray-Ray...I don't know why..they just do...
Posted By: Good1 Re: Facebook - 02-16-2009 06:40 PM
David I think I spotted you dancing with a lovely lady??

Nice curls Ray.

Isn't it great to put a face with a name?

I'm Patricia Goodwin on facebook.

Patty
Posted By: suzanne98 Re: Facebook - 02-16-2009 07:15 PM
I'm Suzanne Ryan on Facebook
Posted By: Ray1971 Re: Facebook - 02-16-2009 11:50 PM
Thank you for the curl comment Patty...Somehow through being dx'd with cancer and loosing 40 to 50 pounds I managed to get a little thin...I'm hoping as my eating habits improve so does my hair...it could be worse. The freckles the radiation gave me are almost gone. Man, the things I worry about! I find if I think about the smaller issues I don't think about the larger ones--Hey, it works for me to make my life less stressful.
Posted By: davidcpa Re: Facebook - 02-17-2009 01:58 AM
yeah that's me dancing with that old bag. That was her 50th BD party. I never thought I would be dancing with a 50 yr old! Life is cruel.
Posted By: Pandora99 Re: Facebook - 02-17-2009 05:10 AM
David: It is going to cost you BIG BUCKS to keep us from printing your comment about "the old bag" and sending it to your beautiful wife - you remember her - the one in the picture who appears to be dancing with her Uncle or Grandfather?? And do my eyes deceive me or is that older guy wearing socks with sandals?? Ewwwwwwwwwwwwww

smile

Donna
Posted By: davidcpa Re: Facebook - 02-17-2009 01:13 PM
No tennis shoes to keep up with the 50 kids that were there chasing Buddy.

Uncle...Grandfather???? I'm just a pup. Yeah life is cruel.
Posted By: brittany Re: Facebook - 02-18-2009 05:27 PM
Hey everyone i hope you are all part of the OCF Facebook group because i added all the oral cancer walks that are coming up as new events. This way you can invite all your friends to the walk super easy, or send them the link to the page that gets them to sign up.
Just one more easy way we are getting people to sign up for walks.

Posted By: JAM Re: Facebook - 02-19-2009 02:58 AM
Oh Dear !!!
Last summer I restricted my 17 yr. old grandson from getting on Facebook [after my computer fixit guy rescued my machine from a bad virus that he guessed came from My Space or Facebook] So now I have to hide the fact that I may get on Facebook or back down and let him get back on. "The world is too much with" this old lady. Amy
Posted By: Malka Re: Facebook - 02-20-2009 03:51 PM
Is the information on facebook the same as on the main OCF site? I would prefer to send people to the main OCF website where they would be exposed to more OCF information.
I don't think I will ever go on facebook or anything like it as I don't trust these sites. Look how they changed the "terms" and then reversed when people noticed. (Sorry: internet security is a pet peeve - I don't want to start a new thread here).
Posted By: ChristineB Re: Facebook - 02-20-2009 04:24 PM
Nothing could ever replace the OCF website. Facebook helps to announce events and brings awareness. It is a way to put faces with names of the friends we have made here.
Posted By: Susan Lauria Re: Facebook - 02-20-2009 05:46 PM
As Christine said, it is jut another way to spread awareness, expand OCF and publicize events. There are alot of pros and cons to internet access, but it is a fast way to get our walk events noticed to thousands. Using whatever means to gt our message across is so important.
Posted By: Cecilia Re: Facebook - 02-23-2009 10:11 PM
I'm on Facebook too. Just joined the OCF group.
Martin told his team to look at this site and recommend it (OCF not FACEBOOK) but I have no idea if they have listened or not.
Posted By: Susan Lauria Re: Facebook - 02-24-2009 02:21 AM
Thank you Cecilia! Every mention is good!! You can only do so much.
Posted By: Cecilia Re: Facebook - 02-25-2009 09:23 PM
I think they could learn a lot from this forum. They are professors and doctors, but sometimes Martin and i feel like they don't really know that much. It feels like they treat the cells and not the person. The only cool ones there are the dietecian Louise and the Dental hygienist, they really tried and tried to know you.
© Oral Cancer Support - Survivor / Patient Forum