Posted By: Dizz_zzey Mentoring/Support - 09-09-2020 05:16 PM
One of my SLT contacted me. She that that another hospital have asked if I'll support a younger patient going through a glossectomy. The patient is very scared and going through what we all went through when diagnosed with this awful disease. I jumped at the chance as no-one should go through this alone, and anywhere I can support is OK by me.
I also told my SLT that my physiotherapist has suggested that I speak about my experiences at a conference - when they start up again. My SLT have agreed to it, as long as I'm happy to do so.
I feel pretty honoured that I'm being asked to mentor someone, and that another hospital that's not in my area have asked for me.
Posted By: Barry Toronto Re: Mentoring/Support - 09-10-2020 01:56 PM
Not too surprising. Your participation on here comes off as very supportive and inspiring despite all you have been through. I think you could be very helpful for a younger person facing these daunting challenges. Great for you to step up to help others in this way.
Posted By: gmcraft Re: Mentoring/Support - 09-10-2020 09:49 PM
Good for you, Dizzy. I agree totally with Barry that you are the right person for this kind of support. Good luck!
Posted By: ConnieT Re: Mentoring/Support - 09-11-2020 05:32 PM
go Dizzy go! you have been quite the cheerleader for many!
© Oral Cancer Support - Survivor / Patient Forum