Posted By: Brian Hill New OCF event video - 11-02-2013 02:38 PM
We just finished the final post production editing on this video, the pieces of which were shot at the Chicago walk this year, but it really isn't about that walk. OCF gets a lot of its funding from people that come to our events, start new ones, support their friends through the event but may not actually participate themselves etc. We wanted to create a piece that encouraged more people to see the value in participating at some level, even if you can't be there personally. Please feel free to spread the video around to everyone that you know so it gets lots of views.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8TPV1LTuy2c

You can watch this on hi def full screen if you like. (and have a really good wi fi connection or are willing to wait a minute for it all to load if you have a slow connecting) -Just click on the little gear symbol and select 780 or 1080 hi def in the drop down

We have pretty much wrapped up our walk for 2013 as winter is approaching, but the 2014 schedule is picking up and we hope to have new volunteers to help us start more events in more cites around the country. It's a bit of work and effort but really satisfying to put one together with local professionals, family and friends and co workers. Some of our volunteers are in their 6 and 7th year of doing them, and they have progressively gotten really large. I gives us a chance to meet face to face at various places around the country, and builds our sense of community that I know you all feel here on the support forums. There is never a cost for a survivor or patient to attend an event, though many of them raise donations as part of their ongoing commitment to make a difference in the disease.
Posted By: AnitaFrances Re: New OCF event video - 11-02-2013 02:49 PM
That was so incredible and meaningful! This made me tear up. So beautiful! I'm putting this link on my website. Thank you for doing this. I am so choked up i am finding it difficult to write this.
Posted By: ChristineB Re: New OCF event video - 11-02-2013 09:04 PM
Great job with the video, Brian!!! I posted it on my facebook wall and passed it along to a few members there. This is just the first video of several new ones that will be coming out.

Please take a few minutes to check it out and pass it along to friends and relatives.
Posted By: Gabe Re: New OCF event video - 11-03-2013 01:52 AM
Wonderful video and good to see a few familiar faces. I was also very teary watching it.
I would love to join in the walks if it was a little closer to Oz smirk
Posted By: Anne-Marie Re: New OCF event video - 11-03-2013 09:46 AM
Beautifully done video. I posted it to my FB page, too.
Posted By: PaulB Re: New OCF event video - 11-03-2013 11:59 AM
Nice video!
Posted By: tina77 Re: New OCF event video - 11-03-2013 01:32 PM
Yep, got a bit weepy myself. Also shared on fb.
Posted By: KP5 Re: New OCF event video - 11-04-2013 01:29 AM
I shared it on FB too. Was really wonderful but made me cry too. Touched some deep down chords!
Posted By: Brian Hill Re: New OCF event video - 11-04-2013 03:15 AM
Thank you all for watching and commenting so positively. We really appreciate the support, the reposts, the mailing to others. It is our hope that in 60 days the views will really have jumped, and that before the April 2014 events and screenings begin in earnest; that thousands of more people will have seen it, relate to the opportunity, and join our cause to bring this killer down.
Posted By: Susan2992 Re: New OCF event video - 11-09-2013 05:19 AM
Awesome video! Great idea and a terrific way to spread awareness. I've shared it on Facebook and sent it to many of my friends.
Posted By: glocita Re: New OCF event video - 11-19-2013 02:55 AM
Very powerful. Thanks Brian!!
© Oral Cancer Support - Survivor / Patient Forum