Posted By: Susan Lauria 2nd Annual Chattanooga Oral Cancer Walk - 04-21-2011 12:44 AM
The 2nd Chattanooga Oral Cancer Walk is being held this Saturday, April 23rd!! The Easter Bunny will be there, lots of food, raffles,speakers and oc screenings. Expecting over 400 people!

If you live in the area, please come out and support OCF, Jeanna Richelson (oc survivor) and awareness!!

Any questions, let me know!

Susan
Posted By: Anne-Marie Re: 2nd Annual Chattanooga Oral Cancer Walk - 04-21-2011 11:37 AM
I am so-o-o-o looking forward to the Chattanooga Oral Cancer Walk this Saturday! I'll be there with my daughter and another friend of ours. Sure hope to see and meet other OCF people there, too.
Posted By: ChristineB Re: 2nd Annual Chattanooga Oral Cancer Walk - 04-21-2011 01:56 PM
Way to go Anne-Marie!!! Jeanna said the weather is supposed to be perfect for the walk. Please take some pictures that you can share with us. Have fun!!!!
Great Anne-Marie!! Spoke with Jeanna today, everything looks good for Saturday!!!

Have a great time! she is expected close to 400 people!! Let us know how it goes!!

Take care
Posted By: Anne-Marie Re: 2nd Annual Chattanooga Oral Cancer Walk - 04-24-2011 07:20 PM
Got back yesterday from the Chattanooga Oral Cancer Walk. My daughter and a friend of ours all went and it was just the greatest!!! Beautiful weather! great speakers and entertainment, a goody gift bag, and oh! the food was an unexpected pleasure and delight! I got an oral cancer screening which I had been looking forward to ever since my own dentist gave me one with the Velscope and the worried look on his face when he examined my mouth and later, when he mentioned leukoplakia, really had me going with all the negative "what-ifs". I had been having trouble with getting a second opinion here, but the Chattanooga Oral screening really put my mind at ease. There was a raffle and secret auction and everyone was so friendly and helpful. I posted a pic on my FB page. I think my T-shirt was too big but I wore it proudly. I'm a 10-12 and should have ordered a medium. Maybe I'll grow into it. Definitely planning to go again next year!
Hi Anne Marie, so glad you had a good time!! Jeanna said it was a great turnout too!!

Good news about the screening! Another reason these events are so needed!! My goal is to have a oc walk in every state!!!

I know Jeanna is already working on her next walk!!

Thanks so much for supporting Jeanna and OCF, you are wonderful!!!

Take care
© Oral Cancer Support - Survivor / Patient Forum