Posted By: davidcpa 2011 City of Gulfport Free OC Screening - 04-18-2011 09:07 PM
This is a recent promo for our 2nd annual screening. These pictures are from last year when we screened over 200 and referred 7 to ENT's.

Watch Video promo:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1DgdXsuRECE

Posted By: ChristineB Re: 2011 City of Gulfport Free OC Screening - 04-18-2011 10:53 PM
Great job, nice video!!!!

Isnt your screening coming up soon? Hope you have a big turnout again this year.
Posted By: davidcpa Re: 2011 City of Gulfport Free OC Screening - 04-19-2011 01:22 PM
This Sat
Good Luck David!! I am sure this will be another successfull event!! Take lots of pictures!!
Posted By: ChristineB Re: 2011 City of Gulfport Free OC Screening - 04-21-2011 06:32 PM
Hope you have a great turnout gain this year!!! Best of luck Sat!!!
Posted By: Susan2992 Re: 2011 City of Gulfport Free OC Screening - 04-21-2011 08:13 PM
Great video. I hope you have another great turnout and I hope this year you do not need to refer anyone to an ENT!
Posted By: ESikon Re: 2011 City of Gulfport Free OC Screening - 04-21-2011 08:24 PM
good job, hope you have a great turnout!
Posted By: davidcpa Re: 2011 City of Gulfport Free OC Screening - 04-21-2011 09:07 PM
Ok so this am I called all my dentists (only 3) just to remind them to be there 15 mins early and what they need to bring and what they don't. Got to my second call and the receptionist said "aww, what date this that?" and I said this weekend and she put me on hold and came back and said "Oh I'm so sorry Dr xxxxx has made plans to be out of town this weekend" and I said well she's known about this for an entire year and we even talked about it in Jan! Well anyway I found 2 more to replace her so now I will go with 4 Sat which is what I wanted last year. Some people!!!!
Posted By: davidcpa Re: 2011 City of Gulfport Free OC Screening - 04-25-2011 01:05 PM
HOT HOT and MORE HOT!!!

But I did move to a shaded area of Walgreens parking lot. Not on the most visible corner but much nicer for those that did come and those of us that were volunteers. Walgreens was terrific again setting up their own tent and handing out "green" grocery bags filled with goodies and bottle water for everyone.

In total we screened 126 and referred 9 on to the next level.

I had 4 dentists this year and the wait time was next to zero.

At 12:00 3 different news crews all showed up at the same time and the coverage we got was fantastic albeit they were after the event was finished by the time they aired.

Next year I won't plan my event the day before Easter. The City also had Fun n the Sun Day from 10 to 2 down on our beach and our local yacht club also had their annual regatta which included free sail boat rides on Boca Ciega Bay.

Susan, banners will be on their way back today.

Kind of disappointed by only seeing 125 but at least everyone was sooo appreciative.
Posted By: ChristineB Re: 2011 City of Gulfport Free OC Screening - 04-25-2011 06:37 PM
David, 125 is great!!!! That is alot of people who now know all about OC screening and early detection. Even though you say only 125 it is an impressive amount of people that got checked. Think of the 9 people who were referred for further evaluation, you may have saved their lives!!!! Great job with the news crews too. It sounds like you did a fantastic job with it!
Hi David

Sounds like it was a great turnout!! 125 is alot of people!!

Great Job!!!! Send pics when you get them and we will post.

I will lookout for the banners.

You got alot of great press as well!! As Christine said, you reached another 125 people and 9 people especially whose lives you might save!!

Awesome!!!!
Posted By: davidcpa Re: 2011 City of Gulfport Free OC Screening - 04-27-2011 03:44 PM
Jerry,

I just received the banner you mailed March 25!!!

Not quite in time for my screening unless you intended it for 2012!

Even my mailman said "boy, that took a long time"

Posted By: Brian Hill Re: 2011 City of Gulfport Free OC Screening - 04-27-2011 10:52 PM
Please see the news team video at the bottom of our news story

Gulfport news story http://oralcancernews.org/wp/more-t...-exams-courtesy-of-the-city-of-gulfport/
© Oral Cancer Support - Survivor / Patient Forum