Posted By: EzJim Is this possible? - 10-14-2009 12:30 PM
It seems to me that ever since the ear tubes were put in my ears, that this pain has gotten so unbearable. The left one had to be replaced after 6 days because it was blocked with blood and whatever. Since then, the pain has increased and is on the good side on my face , jaw and throat. It's nice to give the right side a break from being painful, but this left side is getting to be very bad. I am wondering if the tubes can be the cause of this? This pain makes fun of pain meds. Any ideas anyone? I know that I need a biopsy there but I keep hearing about being put to sleep too many times. I tell them for every minute I am out that I get one extra month to live. LOL
Posted By: Carol Cunningham Re: Is this possible? - 10-17-2009 02:13 PM
Hi, everyone. I spoke to my brother on the phone last night, and he's in the hospital, at Wheeling Medical Park. The doctors all believe the cancer is back. He's in alot of pain. He said they have to do surgery on his stomach, to pull it down from behind his ribs, in order to put the feeding tube in him. There's supposed to be a family meeting with the doctors on Monday to see what the "game plan" is. He's in very good spirits. He said to tell all of you "hello" and that he has beaten this once before and he'll beat it again. I told him he will, too, with the Lord's help. He's a fighter with a strong constitution. I guess that runs in our family. So, please keep him in your prayers. I'll keep you all posted. Love to all of you, Jim's sister, Carol
Posted By: Cookey Re: Is this possible? - 10-17-2009 02:33 PM
Hi Carol
sorry to hear your news and send our best wishes to Jim xx
Posted By: Carol Cunningham Re: Is this possible? - 10-17-2009 05:32 PM
Thanks, Liz. I'll give him the message tonight, when I talk to him, again. He called this morning and actually sounded really good. Carol
Posted By: julieann Re: Is this possible? - 10-17-2009 06:10 PM
Hi Carol:

I just found out about your brother on the forum, and just want to add my prayers for him to get through this. I'm fairly new on the forum, but have gotten loads of good info fom his posts, so tell him to hurry back so I can get more.
julieann
Posted By: mhupe Re: Is this possible? - 10-17-2009 08:10 PM
So sorry to hear that EZJim is in the hospital and that the cancer is back. Thanks for posting, Carol. Please send our good wishes to him and we'll be looking for an update on Monday.
Posted By: margaret_in_ma Re: Is this possible? - 10-17-2009 08:16 PM
Carol,

Thank you for letting us know. I'll be adding Jim to my prayers, along with so many others. Its hard to know who is more stubborn and ornery, Jim or this cancer.

My money is on Jim.

- Margaret
Posted By: Gabe Re: Is this possible? - 10-17-2009 09:00 PM
Hi Carol,
So sorry to hear about Jim and will wait to hear when you have met with the doctors. When you talk again please send my best and tell him I am missing my daily dose of jokes.
From one of his angels,
Gabriele
Posted By: Susan2992 Re: Is this possible? - 10-17-2009 09:57 PM
Hi Carol,

Sorry to hear this about Jim. I agree with everyone else, he is tough and he will beat this. I will keep him in my prayers also.
Posted By: Pandora99 Re: Is this possible? - 10-18-2009 12:50 AM
Oh no. I feel like I just got kicked in the gut! Tell him that he will be sorely missed. I know Jim feels (and we agree) that one of his purposes in life is to be here for us. Tell him that "his angels" are holding him close and that we are there for HIM.

Sending all good thoughts and extra special prayers his way. I look forward to hearing the next update.

Donna
Posted By: Malka Re: Is this possible? - 10-18-2009 02:18 AM
Carol,
Tell Jim that I am sending my best wishes to him and prayers "Upstairs" for his healthy return to the forums.
Posted By: Karen Rose Re: Is this possible? - 10-18-2009 04:00 AM
Hi Carol

Could you please pass my best wishes onto Jim also.

Thanks
Karen
Posted By: davidcpa Re: Is this possible? - 10-18-2009 02:21 PM
Tell Jim we are all thinking of him and I know if anyone can beat this thing again, it's HIM.
Posted By: DanaOx Re: Is this possible? - 10-18-2009 10:14 PM
Our prayers are with EZJim, and together we'll give him the strength he needs to do this. Thank you, Carol.
Posted By: Eileen Re: Is this possible? - 10-18-2009 11:40 PM
Hi Carol,
I was afraid that might be the case when he said the pain was so awful. Tell him hello and we miss him and to keep those angels on his shoulder. I hate this disease. Keep us posted.

Take care,
Eileen

Posted By: August Re: Is this possible? - 10-19-2009 04:12 AM
Carol, I will check daily for updates on our good friend Jim. That big, goofy, wise, strong, courageous, upbeat guy has become like a brother to us all, and please tell him that we are assaulting Heaven in his behalf! XOXO--Colleen
Posted By: pjmonster Re: Is this possible? - 10-19-2009 01:20 PM
Hi Carol

Please send my love to Jim, he has given me such good advice & has such fighting spirit. Hope hes back on the forum soon.

Michelle
Posted By: Donnarose Re: Is this possible? - 10-19-2009 05:47 PM
Carol,
I am so sorry to learn of this. Please tell Jim that we are all in his corner with prayers and best wishes. Also, I imagine this is very difficult on you. Try to stay strong and know that we are all praying for your strength also. Give him my love.
Donnarose
Posted By: Dianeox Re: Is this possible? - 10-19-2009 06:34 PM
Carol,
Sorry to hear about EZJim. Although we've never met, we all feel like we know him. Sending positive energy his way...and your way too. Looking forward to your updates.
Posted By: Deejer47 Re: Is this possible? - 10-19-2009 07:03 PM
I'm saddened by this news but look forward to Jim posting here soon.
Posted By: Pandora99 Re: Is this possible? - 10-19-2009 07:23 PM
I see Carol (Jim's sister) was on earlier - but no update...Grrrr... Hopefully she was printing off all of our good wishes to take to Jim for him to read.

Sure would be great to get an update!

An Impatient Donna!!
Posted By: Susan2992 Re: Is this possible? - 10-19-2009 07:48 PM
Carol (or anybody),

Can you post the name and address of the hospital that Jim is in? And his last name also, as I know him only as EZJim (but maybe that is enough for them to track him down).

I would like to send him a card to cheer him up. Of course it has to be one that will make him laugh.

Please let him know we are praying for him!
Posted By: Cookey Re: Is this possible? - 10-19-2009 08:23 PM
Jims surname is Westling
Posted By: Carol Cunningham Re: Is this possible? - 10-19-2009 08:50 PM
Hi,everyone. Well, Jim went home today from the hospital. He said he would update all of you. So, I'll leave the details up to him. Thanks for the prayers and the love. Carol
Posted By: Geri Re: Is this possible? - 10-19-2009 08:52 PM
Hi Carol,

Please give Jim my heartfelt good wishes. I don't post very often anymore, but I check the forum frequently. He is such a stalwart, compassionate poster here and we can always count on his responses. Many of his posts have me laughing out loud and he has a kind word for everyone. Please let him know he has more prayers coming his way. Geri
Posted By: EzJim Re: Is this possible? - 10-20-2009 12:30 AM
Hi all to all of our great family. I did come home today about 3 PM. Nothing has been settled about the pain except it is there. My ENT stopped by my room last nite somewhere near 10 PM. He told me the plans and what we will be doing. He went to the WVU game but stopped on his way home. He is like the other 2 Drs I have, unbelieveable. I will be evaluated by the Chemo Dr and have to see him until we hit the right solution to this pain. I was kept pretty much pain free for the 4 days in the hospital. After this we should know what will happen. Thanks for caring all and Carol thanks you too. I have heard of Hot Pants, seen some really hot ones LOL but never Hot Mouth . Now I know Hummmmmmm, Be careful all. Hot Pants OH YEAAAAA, but Hot Mouth stay away from. Luv ya all. Jim
Posted By: EzJim Re: Is this possible? - 10-20-2009 12:34 AM
Donna,Geri, Cookie, Susan . There is the post and for now I wish it were 3 months down the road. Now I am going to bed nd get some sleep without a thermometer going down my throat. LOL But she was cute.
Posted By: wilckdds Re: Is this possible? - 10-20-2009 01:41 AM
Sleep tight friend.

With all of us behind you and with your amazing courage, I have no doubt that you beat the beast again.
Posted By: Susan Lauria Re: Is this possible? - 10-20-2009 01:46 AM
Hang in there Jim, always thinking you. Stay tough.
Posted By: JeffL Re: Is this possible? - 10-20-2009 01:55 AM
Jim -- We are keeping you in our thoughts and prayers every day, buddy!!
Posted By: CherylR Re: Is this possible? - 10-20-2009 02:48 AM
Jim - thoughts and prayers for you.
Posted By: Gabe Re: Is this possible? - 10-20-2009 03:37 AM
[quote=Carol Cunningham] He said to tell all of you "hello" and that he has beaten this once before and he'll beat it again. I told him he will, too, with the Lord's help. He's a fighter with a strong constitution. Love to all of you, Jim's sister, Carol [/quote]
Glad to see you back Jim and thanks to Carol for keeping us posted...we have all missed you and know you can beat it again.
Love
Gabriele
Posted By: WendyG Re: Is this possible? - 10-20-2009 10:59 AM
Jim, I heard today about the cancer being back and I just wanted you to know that I will be thinking of you as you fight this battle again. You won last time and you will win again this time. You, like Christine, are an inspiration to so many people on here. Take care Jim.

Wendy x
Posted By: Malka Re: Is this possible? - 10-20-2009 11:03 AM
Wow Jim, you are like those roly-poly toys we had as kids. You knock them down and they pop back up. Welcome back. Prayers still being sent for your complete recovery .
Posted By: Charm2017 Re: Is this possible? - 10-20-2009 01:52 PM
EZJim

Fantastic to see you posting again. Your endurance in face of adversity is outstanding. While none of this is easy, you almost make it look like that with your attitude. Of course all of us here know just how fracking hard it really is. Hope they get a handle on that pain. Hang in there brother
charm
Posted By: Shelley K Re: Is this possible? - 10-20-2009 04:50 PM
EZ Jim,

If anyone can beat this beast again it's you. I am in awe of your spirit and positive attitude. You are an inspiration to us all. You will be in my prayers....hang in there.

Hugs,

Shelley
Posted By: Eileen Re: Is this possible? - 10-20-2009 05:19 PM
Hi Jim,

Good to see you posting again. Exactly where is the cancer this time? Let us know what your treatment plan will be. Keep your positive attitude and hope you beat this again. Sending good vibes your way.

Take care,
Eileen
Posted By: MikeG Re: Is this possible? - 10-20-2009 11:57 PM
Hi Jim,
Wishing you well and thinking of you, my fellow Ohio friend.
Ginny
Posted By: EzJim Re: Is this possible? - 10-21-2009 01:24 AM
I have never said it was back for sure, it's just that the ENT and I agree that this is probably the problem with the pain and where it is from. Thank you all for the support you gve am and everyone else. Jim
Posted By: walknlite Re: Is this possible? - 10-21-2009 11:35 AM
Oh no, How did I miss this. Please let Jim know that he is in my thought and prayers. I just feel like my gut is turning upside down right now. He is an awesome encourager and i have learned a lot from him. I know hw qill beat this thing. He is a strong man. Praying for all of you.
Posted By: EzJim Re: Is this possible? - 10-21-2009 02:43 PM
I am looking for a post from christine if there are any. She is my hero. THat is one tough lady . All of you ladys are tought tho , but Christine was out for twice as long as I was and coming back strong. Please let me know if she has posted anyone. Jim
Posted By: slim Re: Is this possible? - 10-21-2009 02:48 PM
Jim, Christine posted on the ChristineB post. Here is her post:

Thanks for all the kind words. They mean alot to me

"Ive forgotten how bad you can feel battling cancer. Was struggling yesterday, thought I would go right back to the hospital. Saw my ENT who reassured me that Im doing very well. My son (Travis) ordered me home and in bed w/ the feeding pump running. Doing a little better now thanks to Travis."
Port/PEG, lost 65 lbs, trismus
4/4/08 recur L cheek
surg 4/16/08 clr marg
1/09 PEG/port out
85 HBO
3/4/09 teeth out
7/2/09 its back
8/24/09 PEG, trach, surg 2 remove L jaw/floor of mouth, neck dissection
Posted By: mgmichael Re: Is this possible? - 10-21-2009 07:40 PM
Thinking of you daily, Jim; hope that pain gets knocked down!
Posted By: EzJim Re: Is this possible? - 10-22-2009 12:51 AM
Thanks for the updstes you 2 and enjoy life as it was meant ... Jim
Posted By: boatswife Re: Is this possible? - 10-23-2009 10:01 PM
I've missed a lot this week.

I'll be sure to keep you in my thoughts and prayers Jim.
Posted By: Carol Cunningham Re: Is this possible? - 10-28-2009 10:29 AM
Hi, Everyone. Just wanted to tell you Jim called me last night, and he's back in the hospital. He was in alot of pain. He said they're still trying to figure out where all the pain is coming from. He was feeling a little dizzy. We talked for quite some time. I could tell it was bothering him. I'll let you know when we find out anything. Love you all, Jim's sister Carol
Posted By: WendyG Re: Is this possible? - 10-28-2009 12:35 PM
Thanks for the update Carol. Tell Jim to get better real quick because the OCF boards aren't the same without him. Send him my love from Australia and tell him I hope he's ok.
Wendy
Posted By: Pandora99 Re: Is this possible? - 10-28-2009 03:08 PM
Please tell Jimt hat we miss him and we too hope they can get a handle on this miserable pain. He is tough and determined, but this pain has been just more than any human should have to deal with. I am very much looking forward to his return home when they have the pain under control.

Give him a big hug from me - on behalf of "Jim's Angels"

Donna
Posted By: boatswife Re: Is this possible? - 10-28-2009 03:19 PM
Yup, the boards are not the same without him! Big hugs headed his way and I hope to see him back soon.
Posted By: suemarie Re: Is this possible? - 10-28-2009 03:33 PM
Prayers being sent his way.
Posted By: Eileen Re: Is this possible? - 10-28-2009 05:09 PM
Thanks for posting Carol. Tell Jim were thinking of him. It seems from recent posts that his pain had become beyond bearable even on meds and he has had terrible pain before. I do hope they find the cause this time.

Take care,
Eileen
Posted By: nancys2 Re: Is this possible? - 10-28-2009 05:16 PM
Sending lots of love and best wishes to you Jim. we miss you already. Hurry back, it's not the same without you.
Hope you get that nasty pain under control
nancy
Posted By: Carol Cunningham Re: Is this possible? - 10-28-2009 08:43 PM
Thanks everyone. I'll give him all your messages tonight when I call him. Carol
Posted By: julieann Re: Is this possible? - 10-28-2009 09:52 PM
Hello Carol:

I hate to see that Jim is back in the hospital - I pray that he can get some relief from his pain, and also a solution for it. All the entries show how much he is admired - I personally enjoy reading his ideas, solutions, experiences, and knowledge of most forum issues. Please tell him I hope he returns soon.
julieann
Posted By: Carol Cunningham Re: Is this possible? - 10-29-2009 11:35 AM
Hi everyone. I just wanted to let you all know what is happening so far. Jim's son called me last night. The doctors found 2 more lesions in his mouth, I think he said. The jawbones are all deteriorated and he needs reconstructive surgery for that. In order to do that surgery, Jim needs a feeding tube. In order to put in the feeding tube, Jim has to have his stomach redone. They have to undo the surgery where they stretched his stomach up over the esophagus. Jim's having biopsies Friday. My sister and I are going down to the hospital tomorrow for this. Jim called last night and was in alot of pain. He's not sure what he's going to do about the surgeries until he finds out the results of the biopsies. He said to tell all of you hello. He misses chatting with all of you. I'll post on here Saturday morning whatever we find out. I forgot to tell you, if he decides to have the reconstructive surgery, he'll have to go to Ohio State University Hospital, in Columbus, OH. I'll talk to you all later. Love you all, Carol
Posted By: wilckdds Re: Is this possible? - 10-29-2009 11:58 AM
Carol,

Thanks for the upadate, although I wish it was better.

Please tell Jim we are all praying for him.

Posted By: davidcpa Re: Is this possible? - 10-29-2009 01:08 PM
You tell Jim that he needs to hurry up and get back here and stop flirting with those nurses.
Posted By: boatswife Re: Is this possible? - 10-29-2009 02:57 PM
Lots of thoughts and prayers headed his way!
Posted By: August Re: Is this possible? - 10-29-2009 07:19 PM
I agree with David..Tell him to stop flirting with the nurses and come back and flirt with US!! We love it...and him. We miss him when he isn't around. I'm praying that the biopsies don't show cancer. He's had more than his share of troubles!!
OXO--Colleen
Posted By: Pandora99 Re: Is this possible? - 10-29-2009 07:37 PM
Telling Jim to stop flirting would be about the same as telling him to stop breathing! He is a charmer = I have a feeling that some distant day, the Angels will have easily convinced St. Peter that his charming presence is needed in heaven. But, I do repeat - some DISTANT day. For now, we need him to get his butt back here. Tell him not to stop to collect a hug from every nurse on the way out - just tell him to get back here - and hopefully he will be painfree when he does.

Carol - please add my best wishes to those of all the other posters. Send him a hug from me.

Donna

Posted By: Malka Re: Is this possible? - 10-29-2009 07:57 PM
Carol,
Please let Jim know that he had BETTER get well and back here quickly. I think we have all been very worried about this last round of pain. Hopefully all will work oput well. He certainly has a big team rooting for him. Let him know he is in my prayers for a speedy and complete recovery. It is very good that Jim can rely on you. We all appreciate the efforts you make to keep us updated on him.
Posted By: Shelley K Re: Is this possible? - 10-29-2009 08:01 PM
Carol,

Please give Jim a big hug from me too. He is such a kind and giving man. I always enjoy reading his posts. He will be in my prayers too. He's been through so much. I just don't understand why they can't get his pain under control....I will be anxiously awaiting to read your post on Saturday. You take care too.

Love,

Shelley
Posted By: Carol Cunningham Re: Is this possible? - 10-29-2009 08:48 PM
I'll give him all your messages tonight when I talk to him.
Carol
Posted By: Gabe Re: Is this possible? - 10-30-2009 12:14 AM
Carol,
Please add my best wishes to the others.
Jim's Angel Gabriele from downunder.
Posted By: Kelly211 Re: Is this possible? - 10-30-2009 12:44 AM
Carol,

Let Jim know that I have him in my prayers also, and I'm putting in a few extra prayers for those coeds at Ohio State. Poor girls just don't know whats coming at'em.

Kelly
Posted By: Donnarose Re: Is this possible? - 10-30-2009 03:15 AM
Hi Carol,
Hoping you are holding up ok through all the unknowns. Sometimes its so hard and tiresome dealing with fear.
Please give Jim my love and tell him I hope he is finding comfort.
My prayers for all of you.
Love,
Donna
Posted By: Carol Cunningham Re: Is this possible? - 10-30-2009 10:06 AM
Hi, everyone. We're heading for the hospital in just a little while. Thanks for the prayers. I believe God is in control, and not cancer. I gave Jim everyone's messages, and he just laughed. David, he knew it was you who said "stop chasing the nurses". lol
He cracked up laughing. I'll update all of you when we get back home. Love you, Carol
Posted By: davidcpa Re: Is this possible? - 10-30-2009 11:58 AM
That's because he and I think alike. I know what he's up to.
Posted By: Pandora99 Re: Is this possible? - 10-30-2009 05:12 PM
Men!!! Sheesh. Carol, thanks for updated - glad Jim had a laugh - I look forward to hearing more - give him lots of hugs from us.

Donna

Posted By: Carol Cunningham Re: Is this possible? - 10-30-2009 06:51 PM
Hi all. Well, Jim had the biopsies but we won't know anymore until Monday. They biopsied his tongue, again, they floor of his mouth, and a third place in the mouth, but I can't remember where it was. Anyway, Jim has lost alot of weight, and is in alot of pain. The doctor said he doesn't know he can stand the pain. The cause of the pain is either from the deteriorated jawbones, scar tissue, or from cancer. They don't know which is causing it. He is currently on a morphine drip, and the nurse was going to give him a pain shot after we left. He took a sip of water, and it literally tore him up. He said he sends his love to all of you and misses all of you, too. So, that's where it stands right now. I'll let you all know if anything else develops. Love you, Carol
Posted By: Donnarose Re: Is this possible? - 10-30-2009 07:07 PM
Carol,
It hurts to hear Jim is in such agony. It sure makes for a long weekend for all of you. I will continue praying for you all. Give my love to Jim.

Love, Donna
Posted By: davidcpa Re: Is this possible? - 10-30-2009 08:18 PM
Jim,

I'm sending all my healing power to you.
Posted By: Eileen Re: Is this possible? - 10-30-2009 09:23 PM
Why is it taking so long to get the biopsy results? Can't they put a priority on it? Since he can't have a peg now, can he get a nasal feeding tube? What's he getting for food? IV feeding? Since he is in so much pain, I would think these docs would push for the results as soon as possible.

Tell him we miss him and are thinking of him.

Eileen

Posted By: Carol Cunningham Re: Is this possible? - 10-31-2009 03:03 PM
They haven't mentioned a nasal feeding tube, which we never even thought about. He is eating some food. It has to be soft enough where he can mash it up to get it down. We feel like you do. Why aren't they pushing for the results? I guess this where the rubber meets the road for our faith in God. Jim has a strong constitution and he's very bone-headed. It's a hereditary thing, not just with him but with his siblings, too. LOL We got it from our parents. lol He's a fighter. He keeps telling me he's not giving up, yet. Now, whether he says that because he thinks that's what I want to hear or not, I don't know. One thing I know, whatever my brother decides to do or not to do, I will support him. I love him. And this is hard to see him going through all of this. He's been one tough cookie all of his life, never afraid to tackle the seemingly impossible. Thanks for just being here for him as well as us, his family. Love to you all, Carol
Posted By: Susan2992 Re: Is this possible? - 10-31-2009 04:04 PM
Carol,

Please send him my well wishes also! I know he is a fighter and will beat this again (whatever it is). I just wish he wasn't in so much pain.
Posted By: Lostpassword Re: Is this possible? - 11-01-2009 12:02 AM
He is one tough cookie, for sure, but he has got to feel the love and strength of his real siblings and all us adopted siblings sending him strong good wishes for relief from pain soon and another battle won against this insideous cancer.
Posted By: walknlite Re: Is this possible? - 11-01-2009 10:14 AM
I feel so horrible for missing this post. Carol, please tell EZJIm that my prayers are with him and I am putting him on our churches orayer list as well. I miss him so much even though I have never met him. He was one of the first ones to be an encouragement to me when I joined the forum back May with my first round of this crap. Anyway, I am praying for you and his family as well. Keep us updated.
Posted By: ChristineB Re: Is this possible? - 11-01-2009 10:45 AM
Carol, Im so sorry to hear of Jims latest struggles. He called me about a week ago and told me how bad he was hurting. Im glad he has the pain under control.

Ive just gone thru the jaw reconstruction and its not an easy proceedure. He is strong minded and that will help him get thru this. Please feel free to ask me any questions about this proceedure you might have.

Im sorry I havent been online lately. Im recovering and typing inst very easy for me right now. Please give Jim my love and let him know I said it will be ok. If I can do it, he can too!
Posted By: Dianeox Re: Is this possible? - 11-01-2009 06:21 PM
Carol,
I know this is hard on you to see your brother in so much pain. The waiting game we have to play with this disease really stinks. We're sending positive healing energy his way. Looking forward to seeing his posts again! You are both in our prayers.
Diane
Posted By: Sophie H. Re: Is this possible? - 11-01-2009 09:12 PM
Carol,

Thanks for the updates but I'm so sorry that Jim and his family are going through so much. We really miss him here as he is always there for all of us. My thoughts and prayers are with all of you.

Sophie
Posted By: Marlene41 Re: Is this possible? - 11-02-2009 05:43 AM
Oh, no!
I can't believe I missed this. Carol, please tell Jim that I'm thinking of him, I'm sending good vibes & prayers his way, & I am looking forward to when he's back on the OCF forum, making me laugh - and think - with his great messages. He's a fighter, & I wish him the best during this latest and difficult round.

love & hugs,
Marlene
Posted By: Carol Cunningham Re: Is this possible? - 11-02-2009 09:47 PM
Well, he's home. He went to his daughter's house, but now, he's at his house. I'm sure he'll be on here soon. You just can't keep a good man down. lol Carol
Posted By: walknlite Re: Is this possible? - 11-02-2009 09:48 PM
How is he doing?
Posted By: davidcpa Re: Is this possible? - 11-02-2009 10:01 PM
I knew it, he only wanted a little vacation time with the nurses.
Posted By: misskate Re: Is this possible? - 11-03-2009 02:00 AM
EZ Jim we are thinking of you and praying for you. KATE
Posted By: suemarie Re: Is this possible? - 11-03-2009 02:44 AM
Jim-you are my inspiration to keep on truckin' no matter what!
Posted By: August Re: Is this possible? - 11-03-2009 06:48 AM
Jim.....glad you are home. Now....come back here when you can lift a finger to type!! We miss you!!! XOXO
Posted By: Carol Cunningham Re: Is this possible? - 11-03-2009 01:58 PM
I talked to him, yesterday. He was having alot of pain in his tongue, so we didn't talk very much. He said he hadn't heard anything about the biopsies, yet, but as soon as he does, he'll let me know. So, if he doesn't get back on here pretty soon, and tell you himself, I'll update you all. Have a blessed day. Carol
Posted By: davidcpa Re: Is this possible? - 11-03-2009 07:59 PM
Thanks Carol, I thought after your last post that we would have heard from him by now. Hopefully soon!
Posted By: ChristineB Re: Is this possible? - 11-04-2009 02:18 PM
Please let Jim know Im sending lots of prayers his way.
Posted By: Nancy T Re: Is this possible? - 11-04-2009 09:51 PM
Carol,

I haven't spent much time on the forum lately and when I've been on, I've been checking on our beloved Christine. I am so sorry that I have not seen this thread until now. Please let Jim know I am sending prayers up to heaven for him along with all the positive vibes I can muster. He is a special person who was very helpful and supportive of me when my Mom first got this terrible STUFF! I feel sick reading about all the pain he is in and am so hoping that the cancer is not back. I, too, believe that God is the one in control and know he is watching over Jim, along with his angels. We miss him here and look forward to hearing about his biopsy results. Take care and I will be praying for your family as well.

Nancy T
Posted By: Gabe Re: Is this possible? - 11-04-2009 10:28 PM
Miss you Jim and looking forward to hearing from you soon.
{{{xxx}}}} Gabriele
Posted By: Charm2017 Re: Is this possible? - 11-05-2009 12:36 AM
EZJim

How wonderful to see you posting again Big Guy and still giving comfort to the newbies!!!
We missed you big time here on the OCF board and I am so glad that you are back.
Keep on rocking brother
Charm
Posted By: AnitaFrances Re: Is this possible? - 11-07-2009 11:58 PM
Carol,

I am so sorry that Jim is having such a tough time now. I have really been inspired by his postings and his sense of humor. Please send him my good wishes. All my best to you and your family.

Anita
Posted By: Pam M Re: Is this possible? - 11-08-2009 01:12 AM
Carol,

I'm new to this site, and have never communicated with Jim. I want you (and him) to know that I have gotten comfort and hope just reading his posts to others, and am grateful he has been such a blessing to them (and, vicariously, me). I'm sure there are plenty of people out there just like me - just because you don't hear from them all doesn't mean there aren't scores who've been helped by him without ever being in contact with him.

Prayers and best wishes for you, Jim and the rest of your family.
Posted By: Sophie H. Re: Is this possible? - 11-09-2009 07:11 PM
Jim,

My thoughts are with you and can't wait to see you posting again.

Sophie
Posted By: LynfromOz Re: Is this possible? - 11-09-2009 07:51 PM
Hi!
Jim and I are best mates and he has helped me through some of the toughest times of my life...with his typical style...jokes, fun and love. We have nicknames for each other (which I know he has told a few of you...we call each other ET..evil twins! This is due to our similar and silly sense of humour and the ironic. I know he has been through Hell...but we are ALL with you my friend...you have your own TEAM!!! haha Jim is AMAZING and I beleive he is an Angel walking this Earth to help others, as he has affected the lives of so very many of us. I love you ET...just thought I would surprise you with a message here! I hope you get it, either by reading it, or by another friend passing it on! I hope all of the treatments help..I will keep your spirits up and if it hurts to laugh out loud laugh on the inside. You have so many friends who really love you...so you get well. I add my Prayers to the many sent...and Prayer works. I think you are one fantastic human, and love you as family...Your ET!! Lyn xxxxxxxxxx
PS I am heading in to the hospital for my tongue reduction surgery today! EEEP! Eh! It cannot be worse and if it is...well I will just expect an extra dose of Jim Medicine (Laughter!)..So you have to be well for that...so THERE! HAH! ;o)
Posted By: boatswife Re: Is this possible? - 11-09-2009 07:58 PM
[quote=LynfromOz]we call each other ET..evil twins! This is due to our similar and silly sense of humour and the ironic. [/quote]

Lyn,
I about fell over when Jim said he had an ET! I was like OMG, there are two of you! LOL
© Oral Cancer Support - Survivor / Patient Forum