Posted By: ESikon Today is the last day!!!!!!!! - 09-18-2009 03:50 PM
I finish my radiation treatments today at 3pm!!! I never thought this day would get here. First time I'm actually excited to go MDA! I'll be ringing that bell and bringing home my lovely mask. I can't believe it...I survived and made it through!!!
Posted By: Bonniey Re: Today is the last day!!!!!!!! - 09-18-2009 06:37 PM
AWESOME - Congratulations on making it. It does seem like such a long haul and surviving it is worth celebrating. Take care of yourself as it is still tough for a while. Will keep you in my prayers.

God bless,
Bonnie
Posted By: SandySt. Re: Today is the last day!!!!!!!! - 09-18-2009 08:16 PM
Congratulations!!!
It's been a very long journey, but it's finally over. It will take awhile to get back to functioning 100%, so take care of yourself. Get lots of rest. Let you're family know that you still need help. But finishing treatment is one of the best feelings in the world so celebrate this weekend!!!!

Best Wishes
Sandyst
Posted By: misskate Re: Today is the last day!!!!!!!! - 09-18-2009 08:54 PM
Congratulations! SO happy for you! Happy healing and recouperating.
Wishing you a full and speedy recovery from this ordeal.

KATE
Posted By: boatswife Re: Today is the last day!!!!!!!! - 09-18-2009 09:33 PM
How wonderful, I am so happy for you!
Posted By: davidcpa Re: Today is the last day!!!!!!!! - 09-19-2009 12:36 AM
That is some GREAT NEWS. A GREAT MILESTONE.

Ringing the bell...they didn't have that tradition at Moffitt but I would have probably been to weak to do it! lol
Posted By: Lostpassword Re: Today is the last day!!!!!!!! - 09-19-2009 01:11 AM
Now you can spend some time reading in here what others did with their masks! On the road to recovery! Terrific news!
Posted By: MarkInOregon Re: Today is the last day!!!!!!!! - 09-20-2009 01:54 PM
Congrats to you!
Posted By: Allan Re: Today is the last day!!!!!!!! - 09-21-2009 09:05 AM
good for you, don't forget you feel a tiny bit better each day ,strangely i have kept my mask i am sort if fond of it !
Posted By: EricS Re: Today is the last day!!!!!!!! - 09-22-2009 08:35 AM
Great news Elizabeth!

I've kept my mask, not sure of what to do with it but not wanting to pitch it either. You still have some recovery to go so don't over do anything.
Posted By: Shelley K Re: Today is the last day!!!!!!!! - 09-22-2009 02:43 PM
Congratulations!!! It's interesting about the mask.....my husband Ron couldn't wait to get rid of it. As the rest have said, take it easy and don't over do it. Although I bet that's easier said than done when you have 3 little girls.

Take care,

Shelley
© Oral Cancer Support - Survivor / Patient Forum