Posted By: Kevster 7 more to go - 04-28-2020 02:25 AM
Just an update from me. Have seven more treatments to go, and it’s been tough but manageable. Mucositis has worsened, with some really annoying spots near tip of tongue that are causing me pain. My neck is looking like a true burn so I’m starting burn cream. Sleep is OK, better in day than in night. I continue to guzzle three high calorie shakes a day after drinking magic mouthwash. It’s messy but effective as I have only lost a few pounds. Mucous as gotten a little betterI know that I will be excited to finish and then will immediately become impatient to recover. In annoyed that I have worry about weight for another month. My taste is almost totally gone and I’m very anxious for it to return as it will be hard eating bland solid food. I only had a few crying sessions during this whole thing though I did get irritable. I’m off work until June 1 so am going to try to take it easy. I can’t really think of a way to celebrate end of treatment as I can’t eat solid food, drink alcohol or go anywhere outside the house! Might have to resort to a bit of retail therapy. Hope everybody is well and stay safe — and strong!!!
Posted By: Mokie Re: 7 more to go - 04-28-2020 11:13 PM
Great to read your counting down. As for the celebration, that last day you walk out after your last treatment will be a mental celebration like no other. Wishing you these best as you move forward.
Posted By: Kevster Re: 7 more to go - 04-29-2020 01:26 AM
Thank you!
© Oral Cancer Support - Survivor / Patient Forum