Posted By: ConnieT 27/35 radiation treatments and going strong - 09-22-2018 04:10 PM
husband was so sick after the feeding tube and 2 weeks of treatments and now we are in week 6 and while he sleeps a lot of the time, I'm not sure he is even taking pain medication much as he's afraid of the constipation. He had to drive himself to treatment on Thursday as the doctor was remapping his treatment plan and it took him a few days to get it done. I had already scheduled 2 notary jobs as afternoons were always empty and no treatments. He's been driving himself around a bit this week. Boyfriend we don't know asked to meet husband to talk about marrying our daughter. Really? you don't even know us and husband has zero voice to talk and you must do this? I will say it's quite irritating to me all the way around. Oh well, life lately.

This journey so far has been quite the emotional ride for me but I have friends taking care of me and inviting me to do things. I am blessed. I have appreciated the support from this group and since things haven't gone the way it seems for others, each day is unpredictable. I'm still fighting my allergic reaction to all the chemicals in my husband and staying clear of him as much as possible. Day by day....that's all any of us can handle.

Posted By: DeniseG Re: 27/35 radiation treatments and going strong - 09-24-2018 04:46 AM
Just some quick advice about the constipation caused by the opioids. Laxatives are a must while taking these drugs. I used Smooth Move tea, magnesium, stool softeners, senekot, whatever worked.
Posted By: ConnieT Re: 27/35 radiation treatments and going strong - 09-24-2018 06:15 PM
He has had a lot of issues with constipation. He is finally getting it under control so he could take some pain meds! I tried the Smooth Move tea, magnesium, etc. None were working but docs said to do the laxatives and add lots of water to the feeding tube. It seems to be working now.
Wow. What timing.

Just seeing this, as we were out of town, but I hope that conversation goes well...
Posted By: ConnieT Re: 27/35 radiation treatments and going strong - 09-25-2018 03:19 AM
husband texted across the table from boyfriend! he gave him some things they had to do in order to receive his blessing to get engaged. They have only dated 9 months and are young. daughter just started grad school and is juggling a lot. we are juggling health issues, expenses, stress, etc. He told them to be engaged at least a year before getting married so I hope they decide to do that. It will give us time to get to know him and plan a nice wedding. This is my only daughter. I have 2 sons already married.
Oh, wow, good! And wow on the grad school ... that's a lot!
© Oral Cancer Support - Survivor / Patient Forum