Posted By: helen.c surgery to graft - 12-22-2007 07:44 PM
Hi
Now I'm not in meltdown mode, I know if the biopsy come back with anything it is all going to be early stage stuff.
BUT has anyone had surgery to the graft site?
One of the biopsies was from the edge of the graft and my tongue.
Can they remove i.e. part of the graft and part of the tongue and stitch it back and let it heal again?
Seeing that I still have 2 weeks wait for the results I have a feeling that I will find other questions to ask..
Thanks
Sunshine.. love and hugs
Helen
Posted By: wilckdds Re: surgery to graft - 12-24-2007 02:54 PM
Helen,

I'm not an expert on grafts, but it would seem to me that a graft that has been done so long ago such as yours, would more than likely be able to have part of it removed.

I hope that your biopsy comes back negative and this will be a non-issue for you.

Jerry
Posted By: helen.c Re: surgery to graft - 12-24-2007 05:33 PM
Jerry
Thanks that's what I thought.
Wish me luck eating my meal tomorrow, it's a week since the biopsies, and the sites are at their worse now.. Oh well I shall not give in easily :rolleyes:
Sunshine.. love and hugs
Helen
Posted By: brenfran25 Re: surgery to graft - 12-25-2007 09:02 AM
Had your dinner yet Helen??--some mash and gravy should keep you going!
Hope you are coping with your day, thinking of you,
Bren x
Posted By: helen.c Re: surgery to graft - 12-25-2007 10:21 AM
Hi Bren
Eating Christmas meal tonight..
Just had garlic mushrooms (they stung a bit) but hey cant have Christmas without stuffing your face..
Not just mushrooms M&S mushrooms..
Happy Christmas
Sunshine.. love and hugs
Helen
Posted By: minniea Re: surgery to graft - 12-29-2007 07:05 PM
Helen, you are so right..............you can't have Christmas without stuffing your face. And if you personally can't stuff your own face, than you find your joy in stuffing your family! That's what I do, lol. I love to cook for my family, it's like I'm enjoying it also just watching them eat it.
Love, Minnie
Posted By: brenfran25 Re: surgery to graft - 12-29-2007 10:34 PM
Lol Helen,
When I read your post, knew others across the pond wouldn't understand totally---I fell about, cos my millionaire brother sent me a Harrods Luxury Christmas hamper and as I was cooking spag bol when it arrived, and didn't have any red wine, lobbed half a bottle of the Harrods Claret in it and sent friends email saying
'This is not just Spaghetti Bolognese, this is HARRODS Spaghetti Bolognese'
Hey---it was really good! And I made enough to put two in the freezer!
Serious gross confession now---young friend's 76 yr-old mum made me some lemon and jam tarts and I ate two tonight WITHOUT my dentures---omigod, can't believe I just confessed that!!

Love and Laughs, Bren x
Posted By: helen.c Re: surgery to graft - 12-30-2007 08:02 AM
Well..
Now the holidays are finished my mouth has healed up and the stupid head cold I had has just about gone..
So of course now I want to eat all the goodies.. Oh well at least this has saved me putting on any extra pounds..
Bren so long as you enjoyed the tarts what the hell..
I will be thinking of you tomorrow..
Sunshine.. love and hugs
Helen
© Oral Cancer Support - Survivor / Patient Forum