Posted By: Anne-Marie Canadian Prescriptions - 11-24-2006 08:24 AM
I was wondering if anyone had any experience buying precription meds from any of the online Canadian Pharmacies? Or is this at all advisable or safe? I checked prices on Zofran and for 10 it was $205.86. Anzemet was 403.83 for 15. I understand that for both of these it is about $50 per pill. My son does not have any health insurance and expenses are really mounting. Thanks for any advice or info on this.
Posted By: linroth Re: Canadian Prescriptions - 11-24-2006 05:52 PM
I don't have any experience with ordering medications, but when I had my chemo the nurses there would give me samples of Zofran or other anti-nausea drugs before I would get them at the drug store. Maybe you could ask if they have samples on hand. They don't cost anything. Just a thought.
Posted By: Dragan Re: Canadian Prescriptions - 11-24-2006 08:34 PM
Although I have no direct experience with purchasing, I am a Canadian, and it is a VERY big business, with Americans their biggest customers by far.

On average, prescription medications here are MUCH cheaper, for the same medications you're getting in the U.S..

The industry in Canada is very rigidly controlled and monitored by Government. You will have to provide prescriptions from your son's doctors, and may have to undergo a telephone interview as well
hope this helps
Wayne
Posted By: Anne-Marie Re: Canadian Prescriptions - 11-25-2006 01:38 PM
Great info and suggestions! At the very beginning of his Rad treatment, after my son had a bad reaction to Compazine he was given some free samples of Anzemet until he could get a prescription for something cheaper from the doctor. I'll suggest he find out about somemore free samples of either Anzemet or Zofran. And it's good to hear about the Canadian controls on prescription drugs. I use to be a Canadian resident and lived in Quebec for two years. I thought they had a pretty good system but it's so good to have someone else's evaluation of it. Thanks!
© Oral Cancer Support - Survivor / Patient Forum