Hi All,

I was thinking today of what Brian Hill said in a post sometime in the past few weeks about a new Biotene product for dry mouth that was going to be hitting store shelves soon. I think I found the right webpage for it:

http://www.laclede.com/oralBComingSoon.asp

When I first got to this page, it had a full page of description and said it was available at drugstore.com, but after I clicked around a bit and re-entered the site a new page was there instead saying it was coming soon.

Here is what it says now:
Available soon:
NEW Oral Balance
Thanks for finding this, Connie. I use the oral balance gel and it has been a lifesaver at helping me sleep at night.
Biotene is a good product name and am assured this too will be a quality product.
The CEO of Laclede has told me they are beginging to ship the liquid to their vendors. I can tell you that using the samples that I was given to try out, this is a really good addition to the solutions for dry mouth. I use it before a lecture and am able to go almost for a full half hour of speaking without drinking. Before the product, I drank every 5 minutes or less during a presentation.
Today the main Laclede product page brings me to this link:

http://www.biotene.net/products/oralBalanceSpray.asp

which is the same one I saw for a few minutes yesterday and says it is now available at www.drugstore.com. However, when i click on the drugstore.com link, its not there. But, I'm taking this to mean its available somewhere now anyway. Just a matter of finding it or a store that can order it.
When anyone finds a store we can order it from, Please post the name of the store. We only have Walmart here and will probably have to order it. Thanks, Amy
There may be a possibility in the future that we will have this in our OCF store. Laclede is considering donation of some product, which OCF could then sell to raise money for the foundation. I will know more in about 10 days. If this happens, (no commitment yet) we will have to sell things in 6 packs so that the cost of shipping makes it worthwhile to those who would normally buy it at their local store. This would likely not be an ongoing store item at OCF, but a single batch of products, that would be given to OCF as a donation in kind. I will post here if the products are available in the OCF store so you don't have to keep looking there to see if they have appeared yet.

Laclede has been a strong supporter of OCF for two years now. The CEO of the firm is a truly great guy with a huge heart. I would recommend his products on their qualities alone... but I urge you to support a company that supports us whenever you can. Biotene products not only are good for those of us that have dry mouth, but for regular people too.
Brian, how can we express in writing, or by e-mail, our appreciation to Laclede, or the founder?
Amy
[email protected]

Michael Pellico is the President of this family owned private business. I know he would like to hear from people how much all of us appreciate his support. Laclede (via Michael) has been OCF's number one financial supporter two years in a row. Just when we don't think we will have the money to keep things running, he is there for us. I have spent quite a bit of time with him in the last few weeks, and his ideas (he's a chemist/scientist) for products boggle the mind. He has the ability to be an extraordinary individual on many levels, and a simple, "not full of himself" regular guy at the same time.
My thanks is on its way. Amy
I check on this every few days and the Coming Soon page has been up again lately.

Brian, I would definitely buy from the OCF store if it was made available. Thanks for doing this.
You mentioned above that this product is good for regular people with dry mouth too, and I happen to know a few who have dry mouth from medications they are taking. I've been spreading the word.

Connie
I'd buy from the OCF store too....
ditto.....Carol
ditto, Amy
Ready to order as soon as available.
Just slightly, but nor really off topic if I may. Today I had my weekly meeting with my RO's nurse. We got talking about what I was using for my mouth and I told I had used the Ulcereaze I had been given one day.

I then told her that I had begun using several of the Biotene products, specifically the toothpaste, mouthwash and gum. I told her that all of them were great products, in my limited usage. She had not heard of them.

She told me that she was going to go to the site and get all the information she could to present to the RO this afternoon!! She mentioned that just maybe they could get the product in and give it to patients!!! smile

Spread the word!!!!!
Hi guys,

Just yesterday I went to my local drug store (not part of a chain) and found that they had this new Biotene product on their shelf so be aware that it's now available in some stores. I did purchase a bottle and was under the impression that it came in a spray bottle. Turns out that at least the one I picked up was in a squirt-type bottle. Since I really need a spray I found that I had a small spray applicator top at home, tried it on the bottle and it fit! So far it seems to be a very good, and welcome addition to my arsenol of mouth spray.

Nancy
I've tried to make a point of telling my various doctors and nurses about Biotene. However, I may have made a tactical error in the way I approached it with my hygienist. I pointed out to her that since I've been using Biotene products, I've found that plaque takes longer to build up on my teeth, so I can take a bit longer between cleanings (I was going every 2 months, now it's every 3).

Good news for me, not so good for my dentist(!?)

Cathy
We finally found this new Biotene dry mouth spray product at our local Walgreens store and bought a few bottles today. My husband tried it and seems to like it pretty well.

Connie
I like the liquid and just squirt some on my tongue. I can then rub it around the tissues in my mouth with my tongue. I'm becoming addicted to the bannana/fruity taste.
I am so frustrated I can't find this anywhere here yet. Does Walgreens have a web store? Does this really last longer than the gel in your experience? I really need something that can see me through a 50 min. mostly-me-talking with a few breaks during which I could take another squirt of spray class in order to get back in the classroom next semester....I MISS the classroom :-(
Walgreen's does have a web store, but I don't see the dry mouth spray on it. They have a biotene mouthwash, a toothpaste, an "oral balance" gel, but no dry mouth spray. Bummer! (by the way, it's walgreens.com, maybe I just missed it when I was looking)

Andrea
I found it at Discount Drug Mart in Westlake, Ohio (a suburb of Cleveland) a couple of weeks ago.
The biotene.com website says it should be available at these stores now:

Walgreens
Pathmark
A&P
Bi-Mart
CostCutter
Drug Fair

Then it also says if you don't find it in your store ask the pharmacist to order it for you and they should be able to get it within 48 hours. It says to make sure you specify Oralbalance liquid, and says if you have any problems getting it to call their toll free customer service number at 800-922-5856.

Connie
Thank you Connie! I have been looking for it. Carol
Brian, is our OCF store going to sell the oralbalance liquid? I would LOVE to try it. Haven't found it in stores yet. Thanks so much, Carol
Should this break any rules please delete it.

OralBalance Liquid can be found online at dentaldepot dot com. I recently purchased some from them and it was about as smooth a transaction as I could ever hope for. The product was received in two days.

Bill
Thanks, Bill. Went onto the site and ordered some. We'll see how long it takes to get to Massachusetts!

Andrea
Thank you Bill, I will order it, too. Carol
I found it at the local Walgreen's the other day, but it was pretty expensive, $6.99, while it's only $4.99 at the internet site Bill mentioned. If the shipping charges don't eat up the savings, it looks like a pretty good deal.
I tried it, and it worked pretty well for me.

Thanks Bill

Good Health

Chuck
The local Walgreen's in my area are not selling it yet. So, I ordered it from the site Bill mentioned and yes, it doubled the cost due to shipping. But I really want to try it. Thanks, Carol
© Oral Cancer Support - Survivor / Patient Forum