Posted By: fuji Swollen tongue? - 07-29-2003 08:02 PM
Hello everyone

It has been awhile since I posted - My mom went through the radiation now chemo 7 days on and 21 off for three times (for now)- She has the peg tube and is trying some yogurt and soft pasta - She keeps asking the doctor if her swollen tongue will go down and he tells her it will, eventually - Does anyone have any experience with this problem? I'm wondering if it will ever go down or is the doctor just saying it will - My mom and dad are not asking too many questions - This is how they've been dealing with the cancer - They have so much hope - I'm just so scared and worried for her - Thanks in advance

Sue
Posted By: Flo Re: Swollen tongue? - 08-05-2003 09:37 AM
Hi Sue,

I remember when my sister had a swollen tongue. It did go away. Patience is the key to all of this. She is now dealing with other issues, but her tongue is no longer swollen. Hope this helps. Take Care XoX Flo wink
Posted By: youngerag Re: Swollen tongue? - 08-06-2003 07:14 PM
fuji,

I too had a swollen tongue and it too went down in time. This was without RAD just surgery. I can't remember how long it took, but it wasn't soon enough for my impatient personality. If you need some fresh ideas on foods, do a search on the site. I know many of us have made suggestions before and there is also a cookbook mentioned on one post that I hear is excellent.

Take care.

Anne.
© Oral Cancer Support - Survivor / Patient Forum