Posted By: Good1 Fear Today - 05-19-2009 06:40 AM
Today it is fear, yesterday it was anger. I want my my life back I want my energy back I want to look forward to digging hols for trees and tilling my garden. I can't even pick up the tiller right now I have no stregth. All of my strength is from within me.

Patty
Posted By: ChristineB Re: Fear Today - 05-19-2009 10:53 AM
Patty, you are my friend and I say prayers for you everyday. I wish so much that this wasnt happening to you. I admire you for not giving up hope and being mostly positive. Is your sister there with you now? Im wishing you have a better day being a little stronger and without a fever today.
Posted By: Lostpassword Re: Fear Today - 05-20-2009 01:12 AM
Patty, I have to echo what Christine said, including the wish for being empowered with new-found strength and determination. Prayers....JaneP
Posted By: EzJim Re: Fear Today - 05-20-2009 02:25 AM
I am with these ladies Patty my love, I have nothing but admiration the way your spirit is firing up again, GRRRRRRRRR why didn't you answer the phone a little after ( LOLI probabluy am harder to understand than you and especially as I had just eaten a pancake with Christines favorite known as bueberry syrup. LOL Man that stuff messes with my mouth and speech.
Posted By: misskate Re: Fear Today - 05-20-2009 08:13 PM
Thinking of you Patty. You are a very strong woman. Glad you are posting here for strength and comfort. KATE
Posted By: Cecilia Re: Fear Today - 05-20-2009 09:51 PM
I am thinking of you across the miles and send my prayers.
Hope you get your strength back. I keep up with the fighting strength
Posted By: Charm2017 Re: Fear Today - 05-20-2009 11:25 PM
Patty

I know today you were supposed to get news. I hope and pray it was better than you expected, I was thinking about you today at my first treatment of this second round of chemo this morning. After the nurses had blown two veins out and another one was trying to get the IV into a vein on the back of my arm, all an hour late because my MO forgot to fill out the orders, I was livid then remembered just how insignificant this was in comparison to the problems and horrors besetting you. It's okay to be afraid and angry as well as sad. Best wishes.
Posted By: mhupe Re: Fear Today - 05-20-2009 11:28 PM
Patty,

Count me in as one of your friends who is praying and hoping for the best today!
Posted By: Pandora99 Re: Fear Today - 05-21-2009 01:50 AM
I am in the process of listening (audio book) to "The Power of Now" by Ekhart Tole. After listening to about half of it, I would say that the entire book can be summed by by alot of cliches we throw around quite freely...ie...all ANY of us has is NOW - TODAY. None of us know what tomorrow will be, and therefore it is up to each of us to make the most of NOW - to be aware of NOW. When he says be aware of now he is not talking about going for a walk and not appreciating the flowers and the weeds on the sidewalk. He is talking about actually looking at the weeds too and appreciating them for what they are. It is all any of us have. We are not promised another minute or hour or day. All any of us have is NOW.

Yes, I do plan on listening to the 2nd half of the book. And yes, I do find myself thinking about the book from time to time. Working hard to appreciate the NOWness of my life.

Donna
Posted By: darkeyedlady0 Re: Fear Today - 05-21-2009 03:07 AM
Hi Patty....I know I don't say too much but I just want to send you some more support....I am dealing with many issues but am humbled by your strength and courage...keep up the faith and the living for the NOW is such a wonderful idea!!! Take care my friend

Hugs and Prayers
Posted By: Good1 Re: Fear Today - 05-21-2009 09:19 PM
Today I thumb my nose at the fear, but I know that it won't last for long. Charm keep that chin up darlin'. You are sounding down here lately. Do not let it get to you.

Funny I am reading a recommended book Chasing Daylight that is about now also. Today is what we have folks - right now and it is what it is. Let's all smile and do a BIG GROUP HUG.

I love you.
Patty
Posted By: Charm2017 Re: Fear Today - 05-21-2009 09:47 PM
Consider it a mark of my respect for you Patty that this is my very first virtual HUG. Of course as a hugging virgin, I am not sure I am doing it right wink {{{{ HUG}}}}}
Charm
Posted By: ChristineB Re: Fear Today - 05-21-2009 11:23 PM
Thats the Patty I know and love. The fighting spirit is a great positive way to approach any situation. Im rooting for both of you and sending hugs too smile
Posted By: EzJim Re: Fear Today - 05-22-2009 02:46 AM
Yep Christine, Our Patty has put the gloves back on and is ready for a KO in the 2nd round LOL I am so glad to hear her upbeat for a change. Christine, I want to send a pic of me after the surgey and treatments my daughter took, I forgot about it until I found it on my computer in the recnet documents. I can print it but not email it, I will send it to you and you post it.. PLEASE MAM LOL I am a ditz with this thing
© Oral Cancer Support - Survivor / Patient Forum