Posted By: Charm2017 Lifting A life above Illness - 09-27-2010 12:07 AM
Wow: this excerpt reads like my diary. It's from "Blindsided =Lifting A Life Above Illness - A Reluctant Memoir" by Richard M. Cohen (husband of Meredith Vierira of the View TV show) on discovering that in addition to Multiple Sclerosis, he had a recurrence of Colon Cancer[quote]

The Cancer had indeed come roaring back. This turn of events was hard to believe and almost impossible to put into perspective. I had not made it a full year. A barge was struggling up the Hudson. I always seem to be moving against the current, I thought. ......A voice inside me told me to toe the line, to remain calm and go for it. There was no bravery here, no p;osturing, only me taking the path of least resistance. I felt numb but intended to survive. Souting in anger was pointless; moaning and groaning a waste of time. Life is not fair. There is no one to sue. Surgery this time would be aggressive and invasive.[/quote]
Posted By: Eileen Re: Lifting A life above Illness - 09-27-2010 05:43 PM
Let's put this in the 'been there, done that' column and hope we don't have to do it again. We know the feeling well.

Take care,
Eileen
Posted By: Uptown Re: Lifting A life above Illness - 09-27-2010 07:48 PM
AMEN to that (but not necessarily stated as an unsolicited religious position).! eek
© Oral Cancer Support - Survivor / Patient Forum