Posted By: walknlite discouraged - 09-07-2010 03:03 PM
Well, I am really discouraged right now. I have learned of two people here in B'Ville who have oral cancer. They have both gone through radiation and chemo, and both are now looking at recurrences. One of them i actually talked to back in march about getting a support group going here. Well with in the few months it came back as stage IV, and the chemo he is on shrunk one tumor, but some more are growing. The other one is a dentist here in town and he was going to help us with our walk. It is so unfair. It makes me think it is just a matter of time. Just needed to vent a little.
Posted By: Susan Lauria Re: discouraged - 09-07-2010 09:14 PM
I know, it is truly scary this disease. Vent away!
Posted By: ChristineB Re: discouraged - 09-08-2010 12:23 AM
Sorry to hear about your friends. Are they members of OCF?
Posted By: Bloop19 Re: discouraged - 09-08-2010 03:25 AM
Yeah Angelia, I remember we were going through treatments at the same time. I finished Jan. 22 and you finished Feb. 1st. We have both already had to have biopsies for possible recurrence. Thank goodness we "dodged the bullet" this time, but I feel the same way about it just being a matter of time. It's a terrible feeling. I have actually had one recurrence if you count that I had a tumor removed and then cancer was found in my lymph nodes later. So I don't know if it was there all along or if it was a second cancer. Damn cancer sucks.
Posted By: beeboppin5 Re: discouraged - 09-19-2010 06:23 PM
I am also looking at something hot on my PET scan. The first biopsy was negative, but the doc was not convinced, so I go under the local and have laser removal of more tissue, just to be sure. I was so sure that all of my treatment would make it go away, and the shock of a recurrence has me all a-twitter. Damn cancer!
© Oral Cancer Support - Survivor / Patient Forum