Posted By: MrsGrant Swollen Lymph nodes? - 06-01-2009 08:11 PM
I have noticed several knots in my neck. One very close to insision site slighly below ear. I woke up feeling as if I had slept on my neck wrong. It has been hurting now for over 2 weeks. The severity of the pain has decreased some. The knot is hard to the touch relatively large maybe the size of a quarter and is very tender to the touch. I have now felt a smaller softer knot on the other size of neck. Also I have been getting headaches on an almost everyday basis. I am scheduled to see the DR on Friday...
Just curious as to everyones thoughts. Should I be worried or am I just stressing myself?

THANKS
Posted By: William1949 Re: Swollen Lymph nodes? - 06-01-2009 08:23 PM
Shaylynn, your signature doesn't say if you had chemo and or radiation treatments following surgery? There's only one good answer here and that's to think positive until you can get in to have your doctor take a look. Wishing you the best.
Posted By: MrsGrant Re: Swollen Lymph nodes? - 06-01-2009 08:28 PM
No...no tratment except surgery
Posted By: AmyK Re: Swollen Lymph nodes? - 06-01-2009 08:52 PM
Shaylynn,
It could be nothing. But I think its a good thing you have a Dr appt on Friday. I would have him take a look for sure.
If I told you not to worry would it work?
Amy
Posted By: davidcpa Re: Swollen Lymph nodes? - 06-01-2009 09:05 PM
My cancerous nodes were never painful if that helps but your doctor is the only person you need to listen to right now. After he examines it(them)let us know what he plans to do next.

Where were you treated?
Posted By: darkeyedlady0 Re: Swollen Lymph nodes? - 06-03-2009 03:08 AM
Hi I don't know if this will help but I too seemed to worry about spots and as it turns out the people here are right it is a doctor's call but if it helps at all due to swelling (lymphodemia) I had extra pressure and caused earaches and headaches. For me theriputic massage helped relieve some of the pressure. This is just a thought mind you...
Posted By: EzJim Re: Swollen Lymph nodes? - 06-03-2009 11:11 AM
I have been thru this not too long ago,. After some biopsies, I was told it is scar tissue. Yes scar tissue hurs pretty bad and I still have it goimg on. Even in both ars wheere it seems to rotate from right to left and back.
Posted By: Pat_451 Re: Swollen Lymph nodes? - 06-08-2009 01:35 AM
My husband had swollen lymph nodes and the dr. didn't think anything of it because he had a cold for about a month and thought that it just from the cold.
He is having treatments now
Radiation and chemo
Posted By: MrsGrant Re: Swollen Lymph nodes? - 07-02-2009 07:15 PM
I have had Pet scans done and have viewed the report. I am still waiting to get in with the dr but on both sides the nodes are getting larger. Some of the report is posted on my blog. www.remissionorbust.blogspot.com

Thanks for all the thoughts!
Posted By: davidcpa Re: Swollen Lymph nodes? - 07-02-2009 09:54 PM
I see you have added a Signature Line which helps a great deal and I read your site and while I am not anything close to a doctor I do think that the reading does indicate dead cells in at least 2 swollen lymph nodes with rather high glucose uptakes which can mean cancer so you do need to get with your doctor ASAP and get his/her opinion.
© Oral Cancer Support - Survivor / Patient Forum