Posted By: sigrid Should I see an ENT, now? - 03-07-2003 12:27 AM
Is there anyone on this board who can answer my questions, please?

To keep my voice from becoming hoarse; I frequently have to clear my throat
Posted By: Donna Re: Should I see an ENT, now? - 03-07-2003 04:17 PM
Singrid .... This is my rule of thumb: If something doesn't seem right or feel right I make an appointment with the appropriate Doctor and get things checked out. So, if you're still hoarse and are feeling uncomfortable with how you're sounding or feeling by all means get it checked out, for peace of mind, if nothing else. I'd probably make an appointment with an ENT. Hope this helps. SIncerely, Donna
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Should I see an ENT, now? - 03-07-2003 06:17 PM
Singrid,

I agree with Donna...I would be off to the ENT, they have the equipment to check out what's happening with you. Make that appointment and get it checked out for your own comfort level.

Take care,
Dinah
Posted By: sigrid Re: Should I see an ENT, now? - 03-07-2003 07:13 PM
Dinah and Donna,

Even if my brain tells me to go have it checked out, I feel whiny to act upon such a minor complaint
Posted By: Donna Re: Should I see an ENT, now? - 03-08-2003 08:56 PM
Sigrid ... You must remember you are the consumer in all of this; you pay the doctor and it is your right to have things checked out as you see fit. I doubt there is a one of us on this board who hasn't felt like a hypochondraic at some point or another during this whole process. So many medical things happening all at once and so quickly. After my surgery and treatments were completed I spent what seemed to be A LOT of time at my ENT's office concerned about one thing or another. Finally he said to me "Donna, you cannot come in here for every little thing you're finding wrong." And I was kinda taken a back by that statement but only for a moment. Then I asked him "if someone cut off your tongue and you just endured the treatment I did, wouldn't you be just a tad bit concerned over the continuing changes in your body?" Our conversation was taken in the manner intended, but I got my point accross as did he. I didn't run to the ENT so quickly after that conversation but rest assured I still ran when I was really questioning something and I didn't feel a bit bad about it either. We are our own best advocates! Hang in there, Sigrid! Sincerely, Donna
Posted By: Rosalie Re: Should I see an ENT, now? - 03-20-2003 11:53 AM
Singrud,
I hope I spelled your name correctly. I really think you need to see a Doctor. You should see and Ent and you should also have your thyroid checked. Sometimes if your thyroid isn't working correctly it can effect your voice. I am not a Doc. but that would be my advice to you.
Rosalie Stage I Oral Cancer
Posted By: sigrid Re: Should I see an ENT, now? - 03-24-2003 06:48 PM
Donna, Dinah and Rosalie,
I have been so busy that I forgot to update you: I had my throat scoped and there was no visible abnormality
© Oral Cancer Support - Survivor / Patient Forum