Posted By: peaceful tongue cancer - 11-06-2002 11:49 PM
hi I am new here, I am a 44 yr old male diagnosed with squamous cell cancer on the side of my tongue and in the nodes on the same side as the cancer on the tongue. Can anyone tell me what stage that is concidered and what the best treatment would be the doctors here are kind of talking too technical for me. thanks
Posted By: Packer 66 Re: tongue cancer - 11-07-2002 06:48 AM
Welcome to our growing community, and you`re not alone in this........none of us can tell you what stage your cancer is, but whatever it is, it is treatable. My husband was stage 4.......bad...but he`s still alive and kicking, so gather your info, and come back often, there`s plenty of support here.....Dee
Posted By: Julie Re: tongue cancer - 11-07-2002 08:21 AM
Welcome to the board. Can't tell you what stage from just that information, but try not to get too hung up on the stage, my husband was 37 when diagnosed with stage IV and 2 and 1/2 years later he is doing great. He had surgery and then radiation, but there are many different treatment plans. You will find lots of knowledge and support here.
Julie
Posted By: Adam Burrell Re: tongue cancer - 11-13-2002 01:21 PM
Welcome to the board, peaceful. I'm sure you will find lots of comfort and support here. Could you tell me what your first symptoms were and what the cancer looks and feels like, if you can see it?
© Oral Cancer Support - Survivor / Patient Forum