Posted By: kroman Update - 06-17-2013 08:19 AM
Been a while since I posted so I thought I would just give an update. I have been back to Dentist twice for a quick check of
my Mild Dysplasia and he said looks good. (He doesn't charge me for these quick looks). I check it every couple days and it's funny some days it's hard to find and some days it's not. Sometimes it seems like it's fading and some days not.
Anyway I can still feel scar tissue from biopsy. Is that normal?
I still have an apt at The James at the end of July.
Posted By: ChristineB Re: Update - 06-17-2013 11:03 AM
Yes, it is normal to feel scar tissue so soon after having the biopsy. It will eventually fade away.
Posted By: PaulB Re: Update - 06-17-2013 11:12 AM
Good news! Sounds like you have a good dentist too, not charging.
Posted By: tevs_sn Re: Update - 06-19-2013 05:36 AM
Nice to hear your good news! Keep us posted. Thoughts and prayers your way.

Svet
Benign papilloma coughed up Feb 2013
Moderate dysplasia (warty papilloma type growth) removed from uvula 6/2013

1994 bone marrow transplant for leukemia (CML)
Posted By: kroman Re: Update - 06-19-2013 12:00 PM
Thank you so much for the thoughts and prayers! I am a firm believer in the powers of prayer.
I am actually looking forward to my July 29th apt at the James!
Since the initial Biopsy results and shock of having dysplasia I have been trying to gather any and all info I can about it. Of course there is much bad info out there and scams as Christine has pointed out. Anyway I have been watching my diet closely and working out regularly and trying some Chemo prevention. I am just the type of person who can't just sit back and wait and watch. There has got to be a way to stop or slow the progression of this in it's earliest stages. This board has been great and I will continue to update.
Thanks so much.
P.S Just trying to do what's best for me and not suggesting anything by this post.
© Oral Cancer Support - Survivor / Patient Forum