Posted By: wendys flap question - 06-18-2010 07:46 PM
Can you get reoccurance on the tongue "flap"
Posted By: Gabe Re: flap question - 06-19-2010 12:57 AM
Wondered the same thing Wendy. Plastic surgeon said no when I asked. Has anyone heard any different?
Gabriele
Posted By: Karen Rose Re: flap question - 06-19-2010 02:02 AM

I asked my plastic surgeon the exact same question a couple of weeks ago and he said Yes it could. I do recall someone else mentioned this several months ago on this forum and they were also advised that it could.

Karen
Posted By: misskate Re: flap question - 06-20-2010 07:30 AM
really? even though it is different tissue? I didn't know that.
Posted By: ESikon Re: flap question - 06-20-2010 07:48 PM
Good question!
Posted By: Gabe Re: flap question - 06-21-2010 01:04 AM
My next visit is not until September so I will ask the question again. If anyone is seeing their team sooner I guess there are a few of us who would like to know. Karen if you do happen to recall who posted earlier let us know. I did a little searching but could not find it.
Thanks
Gabriele
Posted By: Susan3175 Re: flap question - 06-21-2010 03:48 AM
We are due for a follow up this week. Even though my sister is in the ER right now. But I will ask if I remember! It's a very good question!
Posted By: Karen Rose Re: flap question - 06-21-2010 06:36 AM
OK, I just spoke directly to my Maxillofacial/Oral surgeon (who has written papers on OC) to confirm the information that the Plastic surgeon had given me and he said "yes, it can come back on a flap".

Karen
Posted By: Gabe Re: flap question - 06-21-2010 08:03 AM
Thanks for that Karen,
Today I got an appointment with the oral surgeon (Professor) who did my original biopsy in 2006.
I have not seen him since then..only contact was that call on the mobile that it was SCC even though he is at the CCC where I go for my visits.
Asked my dentist to see someone as I still have some issues minor I guess) and concerns.
She spoke to the one she refers many patients to but he recommended that I see the one who has my records. I know this should be under my own thread which I will certainly do after Monday 28th
Thanks also for all your help with my friend and collegue with her partner.
Love
Gabriele
Posted By: wendys Re: flap question - 06-21-2010 05:58 PM
Thanks everyonr for the answers. I get these ramdom questions that pop in my head and by the time I get to asking....I forget the questions. Do know what I mean wink

Wendy
© Oral Cancer Support - Survivor / Patient Forum