Posted By: peace4uall polyp on gum - 11-13-2016 12:28 AM
I am a 10 year survivor, but, of course, still having dental problems. I had part of my lower jaw removed and hence some of my teeth. As my remaining jawbone healed over...the bone receded under one of my teeth and we are just watching and waiting. Recently, I have developed a polyp on that side of my gum that seems to be slowly growing. My dentist says he will watch and wait and my ent wants to remove it now and also the tooth. I only had 3 radiation treatments so not having HBOT, but wondered if anyone had had a polyp removed???? Is it painful or just another step to take in recovery? Thanks for any input..
Posted By: peace4uall Re: polyp on gum - 03-08-2020 08:42 PM
Just to let anyone interested know - I had polyp removed (a granuloma) on my gum last week.
I put it off as long as was possible and then it started growing. Dentist says it is because of irritation from
a loose tooth in the back of my mouth from surgery years ago.

Had the polyp removed and tooth removed at same time and after much novacaine, no pain. No afterpain so far.

I sure hope this helps someone because it scared me so badly that I just couldn't do it for many years!
© Oral Cancer Support - Survivor / Patient Forum